SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 02-28-2010, 02:14 AM
Sage User

BMT: how to remove metada associations

Hi,

I've installed BMT and scanned my video library -- as result many videos got assigned wrong metadata id. While it is ok for those videos that I can repoint to another entry in imdb/etc, it is impossible to get rid of metadata associated with videos that have no metadata -- various fun videos downloaded from internet, etc. How to do that?

Is there any editor for metadata/fun art? (I know about http://myserver:8500/bmt)

Related problem with fanart -- I spent considerable time doing this:
- pick a video from lib that has no metadata associated
- rename it to have proper title
- lookup fanart using "Edit metadata" button -- this results in entry becoming beautiful and moving to the root of video hierarchy if I was in a subfolder (why?)
- then next day almost everything got reverted to the way it was before O_O (I think I rebooted or smth like that) Those few things that did not loose title/fanart went back to subfolders.

wtf happened? Is it bug or feature? what I did wrong?

Config: latest Sage + SageMC + BMT + comskip

Michael.
Old 02-28-2010, 06:46 AM
SageTVaholic

If you wrote the data to the wiz.bin you would need to restore to a wiz.bin prior to all the metadata updating. If it is done with .properties files just delete the .properties and any unwanted fanart and refresh your import directories from within Sage. If it was written to the wiz.bin and you don't have a backup copy then you would need to overwrite it again with the correct metadata.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 02-28-2010, 07:08 AM
SageTVaholic

There was an issue in SageMC in how it built up the folder hierarchy that has been fixed in more recent builds/betas. Basically bmt, when updated the wiz.bin would update some data that prevented SageMC to correctly place a video in the correct hierarchy and as a result it would get dropped to the root of the video library.

Try upgrading to the recent sagemc builds and see if that fixes the problem.
Old 02-28-2010, 02:03 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
. If it was written to the wiz.bin and you don't have a backup copy then you would need to overwrite it again with the correct metadata.
Some videos do not have "correct metadata" -- they are just not known at imdb.com/etc. How to get rid of metadata entry associated with that video? Maybe rename file? or remove from library + rescan + add to library?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless
There was an issue in SageMC in how it built up the folder hierarchy that has been fixed in more recent builds/betas. Basically bmt, when updated the wiz.bin would update some data that prevented SageMC to correctly place a video in the correct hierarchy and as a result it would get dropped to the root of the video library.

Still does not explain why all my "manually suggested" changes disappeared. I'll try to refresh SageMC, but it is very fresh (installed like month ago) -- I am afraid problem won't go away.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:03 AM
Sage Expert

You're gonna have to manually change the wrong metadata using BMT's web interface. I dont even use it's auto feature anymore and set up all my shows/movies manually with it's web GUI.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:23 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchSchaft View Post
You're gonna have to manually change the wrong metadata using BMT's web interface.
How? I have attached a screenshot of my BMT web interface. Fields highlighted in red are impossible to clear.
Attached Images
File Type: png BMT_screenshot.PNG (44.8 KB, 372 views)
Old 03-02-2010, 04:41 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by crusader View Post
How? I have attached a screenshot of my BMT web interface. Fields highlighted in red are impossible to clear.
If you are writing to .properties files find the .properties and edit it. It is just a text file.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 03-02-2010, 06:41 AM
SageTVaholic

Currently, in 3.x and 4.0 there is no way to "clear" a single metadata field. (that's bug). I'll look at adding the ability to clear out editable fields in 4.0. 3 of the fields that you circled are actually sage ID fields that cannot be cleared, unless you delete the file from the sage imports.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:24 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Use the Find Metadata button
Old 03-02-2010, 11:40 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
3 of the fields that you circled are actually sage ID fields that cannot be cleared, unless you delete the file from the sage imports.
Will moving file around (or out of imports and then back in) help? There are videos that my kids watch and some of them due to this "feature" have picture of almost naked woman or some bloody zombie. Kind of makes me worry. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchSchaft
Use the Find Metadata button
haha... very funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky
If you are writing to .properties files find the .properties and edit it. It is just a text file.
Is this controlled by some settings? which one? I've noticed some of .properties files, but not every video has accompanying .property file -- and deleting it does not help, it seems.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:26 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Will moving file around (or out of imports and then back in) help? There are videos that my kids watch and some of them due to this "feature" have picture of almost naked woman or some bloody zombie. Kind of makes me worry. :-)
I don't blame your there If you don't have the automatic plugin installed, then yeah, removing the video, and the re-adding will solve the problem. But, if you have the automatic plugin installed, it will simply re-fetch the incorrect metadata again

But, something simpler may be to remove the fanart directory for this item, and remove its thumbnail, if there is one. That should solve the offending image problem.

Quote:
Is this controlled by some settings? which one? I've noticed some of .properties files, but not every video has accompanying .property file -- and deleting it does not help, it seems.
deleting the property file will do nothing... but changing it, and then updating the timestamp on the mediafile (not the property file) will force sagetv to reload the metadata.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:41 AM
Sage Icon

How about this:
1. turn off the automatic-plugin
2. remove the problem videos (remove the import directory from Sage or move the videos to some other directory that Sage does not monitor).
3. re-scan your imports, so Sage sees that those videos are gone.
4. move the videos back.
5. re-scan your imports so Sage re-imports those videos.
6. turn the automatic plugin back on.

I think this should work since the automatic plugin only scans new videos as they are added - it shouldn't scan items that were in the library before it was turned on.
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 03-04-2010, 07:12 PM
Sage User

Thanks, will try it.
Old 03-06-2010, 04:36 PM
Sage User

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post

I am manually rebuilding metadata for my (quite small actually) video library. I've:
- switched off "auto" option in BMT
- moved all files to different directory
- repointed SageTV
- and "refreshed media"

Question list:
1. Now when I have a file and in SageTV go to "Edit metadata info/Fanart" and select smth -- video jumps to the library root and stays there (even though I am in "File system/Folder View" mode). I tried to "fix" problem by manually updating "Display Title" field using BMT web interface -- video moves to proper location but has ugly title that includes that path components I've mentioned. Can this be fixed? Which version of SageMC/SageTV/BMT I need to get in order for this problem to disappear?
2. Some of my movies are in two parts/files -- is it possible for SageTV to treat them as one video? It seems that if I create a directory with the same name as movie and rename parts into "<moviename> cd1.avi"/"<moviename> cd2.avi" -- it works but displayed as folder in SageTV (i.e. you need to go into it as directory, it'll have one entry for movie, then you have to go into movie, and only then you can select play)
3. What if I have the same movie (but with different soundtrack/language)? (maybe located in two different folders)
4. Is it possible to setup BMT with site other than imdb to get metadata/fanart for non-English videos?
5. What s the point of having .properties files if the same info gets written to wiz.bin? Should I switch off their generation in BMT (and make Video share readonly)?
6. afer sorting all this out I am planning to install Sage Movie Wall and maybe TVExplorer -- are those plugins ok? what other plugins would you recommend?

Thanks,
Michael.
Old 03-06-2010, 08:57 PM
Sage User

I think I can answer question #1 -- setup metadata ignoring "magic movements" -- this will generate metadata in wiz.bin and .properties files, then initiate total medialibrary rescan -- it will read .properties files to populate metadata in wiz.bin and this time it will take subfolders into account. (Surprisingly attempt to add subfolder to Title in BMT web interface with consequent removing it in .property file does no produce same effect -- probably because I need to "touch" video file and initiate incremental rescan).
Anyway -- this problem is solved for me :-), cost = half of day of playing with my "SageLego".
Old 03-06-2010, 09:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Michael
#2 - I'm not sure, but it should be a the latest sagemc beta; If you are installing SageMC + bmt 3.1, then you need to install BMT FIRST, then SageMC (since sagemc has a newer phoenix.jar). If you are installing SageMC + BMT 4 (beta), then you need to install SageMC, then BMT 4.0 beta.

#3 - Not sure... I don't know if anyone has run into that issue before, but it's an interesting problem. basically the movie would show up as the same movie twice. In a folder view, you could probably put them in separte dirs.

#4 - bmt works with... dvd profiler (local collections), themoviedb.org, and imdb.org. You can change the imdb url, but it's a global setting. I'm not sure if themmoviedb.org support multiple languages or not. I know i recently beta tested multiple languages for tvdb with mixed results.

#5 - History. Originally bmt did not update the sagetv database directly. It relied on SageTV's import mechanism (.properties). Unfortunately there is no way to easily tel sagetv to just import this data now using a .properties, and if you wanted to import tv files as recordings, then you can't do that with .properties. So, I added the option to write directly to the wiz.bin (although I wish I had never done it )
#6 - Don't know... I don't use any plugins, except for webserver and bmt. (and sometimes sagemc)
Old 03-06-2010, 11:00 PM
Sage User

Thanks for helping me here, stuckless!

Here is some more experience I've got digging in this:
#2 -- well, it seems impossible based on my investigations. What I've achieved is to set title in avi tag to the same value for both parts. This causes Sage to collapse two entries into one and you'll end up seeing only first one. :-) So, I had to unearth virtualdub (I've used nandub in old days :-) ), refresh my memory and undertake bit winded path of concatenating some of my videos. Involves more than one step if audio is VBR-encoded, but quite straightforward and fast.
Btw, found an awesome utility -- abcAVI Tag Editor. Allows me to cleanup tags in all my avi files in two clicks -- so that they stop confusing SageTV when it imports them. It does more than that, of course.

Quote:
#6 - Don't know... I don't use any plugins, except for webserver and bmt. (and sometimes sagemc)
I've mostly skipped "raw SageTV" stage. 80% of why I have decided to go with SageTV is that I saw reviews and screenshots of SageMC -- it was my first plugin to install and every time when I have to use default STV I do it with clenched teeth :-)

My concerns with other plugins are smth like this -- TVExplorer is essentially a replacement of TV menu for SageMC and installed on top of it. What will happen if I update SageMC version? Can it damage TVExplorer? You know -- compatibility issues generally and especially on update stage.
Old 03-07-2010, 08:47 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
My concerns with other plugins are smth like this -- TVExplorer is essentially a replacement of TV menu for SageMC and installed on top of it. What will happen if I update SageMC version? Can it damage TVExplorer? You know -- compatibility issues generally and especially on update stage.
Whenever you update sagemc you will have to reimport all your plugins (including TVE)... you shouldn't have to reextract the installation zip just reimport (My Menu -> Settings -> Import STVi)

yes TVE replaces the default TV Menu but it is not installed on top of the default TV menu. It is its own completely separate menu. It is 100% possible to access both TVE and the default TV menu at the same time from the same install... in fact this how my setup is configured... that way i can look back at the default TV menus when I'm trying to recreate something in TVE... The same is true for SMW. So... long way to saying... that complete menu replacement stvis (TVE and SMW) are fairly immune to upgrades to the base sagemc...
Check out TVExplorer
Old 03-08-2010, 01:20 AM
Sage User

Quote:
I think I can answer question #1 -- setup metadata ignoring "magic movements" -- this will generate metadata in wiz.bin and .properties files, then initiate total medialibrary rescan -- it will read .properties files to populate metadata in wiz.bin and this time it will take subfolders into account.
... but losing sub-genre information (i.e. it was Animation/Family, now it becomes Animation). Damn! Why SageTV does not get subgenre? In fact it seems to ignore this option in .properties file:
x-ser-Genres=Adventure;Comedy;Fantasy;Thriller;Drama Film;Hollywood Film;Literary Fiction;Fantasy Film;Fairy-Tale Film
:-(

And why sage does not support more than one sub-genre?

btw, razrsharpe -- thanks for info about TVExplorer.