SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Github Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Github Development Discussion related to SageTV Open Source Development. Use this forum for development topics about the Open Source versions of SageTV, hosted on Github.

Old 03-22-2016, 08:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

Forum Request: Directory for Bugs / Directory for Feature Requests

I'm not entirely sure where to post this, so please don't hesitate to move this as needed.

Is it possible to create a forum directory for bug reports and a directory for feature requests. I find that there are great solutions that I find, but then I lose them and its really a nightmare to re-search for them, as it is usually a little tidbit all the way at the bottom of a chain somewhere. I'm hoping that once some of the more specific bug reports are solved or at least captured, they could be thrown in a directory, and the title changed to show that it is solved.

Alternatively, is there an interest in starting to use a bug tracker either on github or somewhere else ?

Thanks

Clients: PC Client x 1, HD-300 x 1, AppleTV x 2, WebClient (phone/tablet) x 3
Old 03-23-2016, 08:39 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageWizdom View Post
Alternatively, is there an interest in starting to use a bug tracker either on github or somewhere else ?

Thanks
I would recommend using the issue tracker for github project:

https://github.com/google/sagetv/issues

Hardware: Intel Core i7-920 with 12GB RAM & an Adaptec 5805 with a Chenbro 36-port SAS Expander
Case: Antec 1200 with 4 iStarUSA trayless hot-swap cages (20 drives max)
Drives: 8 Toshiba/Hitachi 2TB drives in a RAID 6 & 7 Toshiba 3TB drives in a RAID 6
Capture Cards: HDHomeRun Connect Quatro 4, Hauppauge 60 HD-PVR
Players: 5 HD300s, 2 HD200s
Old 03-23-2016, 08:44 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by will View Post
I would recommend using the issue tracker for github project:

https://github.com/google/sagetv/issues
Let me second this notion, and add, that the "issue" tracker is actually used to track issues and enhancement requests (and in some cases just general questions). The good thing about using the issue tracker is that devs will look at it... (I do).. and when we start a thread, then as more and more requests come in the information gets mingled and lost. So, use the issue the tracker, please
Old 03-23-2016, 07:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

I am sold! I'll start adding things as I see them. Thank you.

P.S. Is it worth making this a sticky somewhere so folks in general can find this / know where to go?

Clients: PC Client x 1, HD-300 x 1, AppleTV x 2, WebClient (phone/tablet) x 3
Old 03-24-2016, 06:14 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Is it worth making this a sticky somewhere so folks in general can find this / know where to go?
I think that is a great suggestion; unless you actively use Github you probably wouldn't know about the issue tracker or assume it is only for bugs.

Hardware: Intel Core i7-920 with 12GB RAM & an Adaptec 5805 with a Chenbro 36-port SAS Expander
Case: Antec 1200 with 4 iStarUSA trayless hot-swap cages (20 drives max)
Drives: 8 Toshiba/Hitachi 2TB drives in a RAID 6 & 7 Toshiba 3TB drives in a RAID 6
Capture Cards: HDHomeRun Connect Quatro 4, Hauppauge 60 HD-PVR
Players: 5 HD300s, 2 HD200s
Old 03-24-2016, 06:56 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I am sold! I'll start adding things as I see them. Thank you.

P.S. Is it worth making this a sticky somewhere so folks in general can find this / know where to go?
Quote:
Originally Posted by will View Post
I think that is a great suggestion; unless you actively use Github you probably wouldn't know about the issue tracker or assume it is only for bugs.
Agreed... and I think the sticky thread should probably be something like "How to find and report issues" and ideally would cover sections for SageTV and probably the Android MiniCient (and in the future, other related projects). There have already been cases of people adding defects to the Core sagetv for the Android MiniClient... so I think having a sticky and then providing information about what types of issues/enhancements should go into each area, would be good.
Old 03-24-2016, 10:46 AM
SageTVaholic

Also, for the devs who are working on something specific, might I suggest you guys either put a link to your own issues tracker in your forum signatures, or in the first post of the thread about your project, which is linked in your signature? Those are the places I generally look for troubleshooting help/info.

Although, that might make for a long signature for stuckless. He might just need a "My Sage Projects" link to a single table of contents.
Tuners: 2 x HD-PVR (HTTP tuning), 2 x HDHR, USB-UIRT
Software: SageTV 7