SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Github Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Github Development Discussion related to SageTV Open Source Development. Use this forum for development topics about the Open Source versions of SageTV, hosted on Github.

Old 03-24-2019, 09:35 AM
Sage Advanced User

SageTV for Windows 9.2.1

I got a bintray notice about a new SageTV for windows release, 9.2.1, but I don't see any release notes anywhere of what changed. the github page seems out of date on notes as well. Anyone?
https://bintray.com/opensagetv/saget...Windows/9.2.1#
thanks.
Old 03-24-2019, 10:12 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundansx View Post
I got a bintray notice about a new SageTV for windows release, 9.2.1, but I don't see any release notes anywhere of what changed. the github page seems out of date on notes as well. Anyone?
https://bintray.com/opensagetv/saget...Windows/9.2.1#
thanks.
I’m going to guess that it includes the 2 patches I made here https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/sho...&postcount=467 along with other cleanup. The changelog will likely be updated soon.
Old 03-24-2019, 12:57 PM
SageTVaholic

And the files are not there yet as I am still working on the upload.

Once the upload is complete then I will also update the release post with the details...soon/soon!

k
Old 03-24-2019, 02:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

Will this be an upgrade to the beta or will it be best to uninstall it first?
Old 03-24-2019, 03:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghildebr View Post
Will this be an upgrade to the beta or will it be best to uninstall it first?
You can perform an upgrade from the BETA to this release...no issue with that.

k
Old 03-24-2019, 04:06 PM
Sage Advanced User

Old 03-24-2019, 04:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I should mention as I believe you had a manual FIX file from wnjj. You may have to run the 9.2.1 installer twice and select Repair the 2nd time so it forces an overwrite of the manually changed files....but otherwise should work fine.

k
Old 03-24-2019, 04:49 PM
Sage Icon

Was a fix ever found to allow the USBUIRT to work properly with 64-bit Sage when running in service mode (so it could be used as both a blaster and receiver at the same time)?
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 03-24-2019, 07:40 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
I should mention as I believe you had a manual FIX file from wnjj. You may have to run the 9.2.1 installer twice and select Repair the 2nd time so it forces an overwrite of the manually changed files....but otherwise should work fine.

k
I did run the installer twice with a repair the second time. I am however getting the two attached errors when installing the x64 client on a 64 bit version of Windows 10. I am running the install as a local administrator with the "right click and run as administrator" when executing the executable. I selected "Ignore" on both popups and so far do not see anything abnormal.
Gary
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Error1.JPG (21.2 KB, 247 views)
File Type: jpg Error2.JPG (21.3 KB, 196 views)
Old 03-24-2019, 08:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

As a followup here are my registry settings on the client.

AlwaysSwapForAC3Filter = 1
EnableSageTVStreamDemux = 0
Old 03-24-2019, 08:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I did run the installer twice with a repair the second time. I am however getting the two attached errors when installing the x64 client on a 64 bit version of Windows 10. I am running the install as a local administrator with the "right click and run as administrator" when executing the executable. I selected "Ignore" on both popups and so far do not see anything abnormal.
Gary
Although this is a know issue i cannot make it happen on any of my test machines including Win 10. My guess is it occurs if those keys were previously manually added by a user so the installer has issues on accessing the key...is this true in your case?

k
Old 03-24-2019, 08:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiki View Post
Was a fix ever found to allow the USBUIRT to work properly with 64-bit Sage when running in service mode (so it could be used as both a blaster and receiver at the same time)?
Not that I am aware of so it is not included yet.

k
Old 03-24-2019, 08:26 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Although this is a know issue i cannot make it happen on any of my test machines including Win 10. My guess is it occurs if those keys were previously manually added by a user so the installer has issues on accessing the key...is this true in your case?

k
Its strange that both the "Everyone" and the "System" group have permission to both Folders in Regedit. I would think that "TrustedInstaller" should have permission there somewhere. I do beleive that I added these settings somewhere in the x64 troubleshooting\testing stages. Regardless the Everyone group having Full Control should of been good enough to keep the popup from occurring.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Permissions1.JPG (31.0 KB, 203 views)
File Type: jpg Permissions2.JPG (31.9 KB, 191 views)

Last edited by Ghildebr; 03-24-2019 at 08:29 PM.
Old 03-24-2019, 08:34 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Its strange that both the "Everyone" and the "System" group have permission to both Folders in Regedit. I would think that "TrustedInstaller" should have permission there somewhere. I do beleive that I added these settings somewhere in the x64 troubleshooting\testing stages. Regardless the Everyone group having Full Control should of been good enough to keep the popup from occurring.
Agreed...I just cannot replicate and get this error...hopefully not too many run into it or i find time to test more.

k
Old 03-24-2019, 09:09 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiki View Post
According to JustFred, it worked just fine (https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/sho...&postcount=404). I don’t know what system level things could possibly be affecting your setup. It seems unlikely to be the old Vista permission issue since that would never work for JustFred. Also, when I wrote Jon the second time he didn’t respond so I don’t know what else can even be done. I’ll look when I get some time in case there is some lower level debug code I could add to shed some light.

In the meantime, if 64-bit is important enough, run in application mode. I have for over 10 years without issue or missed recordings.
Old 03-27-2019, 09:46 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:

k
I had the same errors pop up with my client x86 install, on Win7x64. The server upgrade x86 install did not have this issue. So far it doesn't seem like any functionality is affected though.

Server: SageTV 9.2.6x64 on Win10 x64 Home, i7-2600, 8gb RAM, OpenDCT, Java 1.8, 20TB storage
Display: EVGA GT 1030 fanless to Sony LED TV via DVI-HDMI
Capture Devices: HDHR Prime for Comcast, HDHR Dual for OTA (retired)
Clients: Nvidia Shield Android miniclient
Old 03-27-2019, 03:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by waylo View Post
I had the same errors pop up with my client x86 install, on Win7x64. The server upgrade x86 install did not have this issue. So far it doesn't seem like any functionality is affected though.
Good info..,do you know if those settings existed previously?
Old 03-27-2019, 03:51 PM
Sage Aficionado

For those of us wanting to use the 64 bit Windows Installer to duplicate our 32 bit setup (copy wiz.bin and sage.properties), what is the best way to migrate or copy the plugins from the 32 bit install to the 64 bit install? (Several plugins are indicating that they are "failed")

Last edited by Telecore; 03-27-2019 at 08:09 PM.
Old 03-27-2019, 03:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telecore View Post
For those of us wanting to use the 64 bit Windows Installer to duplicate our 32 bit setup (copy wiz.bin and sage.properties), what is the best way to migrate or copy the plugins from the 32 bit install to the 64 bit install? (Several plugins are indicated that they are "failed")
The best way is don't do it...install them clean.

Second approach would be install into the x86 location but then the x86 will not function.

You could attempt to copy all the jars and plugins folders manually but you run the risk of missing something or a plugin that has settings somewhere that is path specific.

No easy button IMHO.

k
Old 03-27-2019, 04:11 PM
Sage Aficionado

There is something weird going on - I am trying to uninstall all of the plugins that were present due to copying wiz.bin/sage.properties from the 32 bit Sage folder - sometimes after uninstalling plugins and restarting SageTV, plugins that were uninstalled are re-appearing as installed, then disappearing after some re-starts and re-appearing later. Any ideas on this? Is there a way to globally delete all plug-ins?

UPDATE: Never mind - I eventually was able to uninstall all plug-ins, but some took multiple attempts to do so. Not sure why.

Last edited by Telecore; 03-27-2019 at 04:32 PM.