SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Github Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Github Development Discussion related to SageTV Open Source Development. Use this forum for development topics about the Open Source versions of SageTV, hosted on Github.

Old 03-27-2019, 08:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telecore View Post
There is something weird going on - I am trying to uninstall all of the plugins that were present due to copying wiz.bin/sage.properties from the 32 bit Sage folder - sometimes after uninstalling plugins and restarting SageTV, plugins that were uninstalled are re-appearing as installed, then disappearing after some re-starts and re-appearing later. Any ideas on this? Is there a way to globally delete all plug-ins?

UPDATE: Never mind - I eventually was able to uninstall all plug-ins, but some took multiple attempts to do so. Not sure why.
My guess is the properties file keeps settings for the plugins but the files for those plugins were not copied as well so the system was confused.

Glad you worked it out.

k
Old 03-27-2019, 08:58 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
Good info..,do you know if those settings existed previously?
I'm pretty sure I did not manually add them before. Are these new registry entries for 9.2.1?

Have we considered this occurs in users who upgrade, rather than who do a completely new install?

Unfortunately, I don't have an easy way of rolling back to check my registry entries prior to the 9.2.1 upgrade.

EDIT: Actually I do have a way. On my server (no issues), the EnableSageTVStreamDemux entry did exist, but the AlwaysSwapforAC3Filter did not.
EDIT2: On the client (the one that errored), both did already exist, and both were set to 1.

Server: SageTV 9.2.6x64 on Win10 x64 Home, i7-2600, 8gb RAM, OpenDCT, Java 1.8, 20TB storage
Display: EVGA GT 1030 fanless to Sony LED TV via DVI-HDMI
Capture Devices: HDHR Prime for Comcast, HDHR Dual for OTA (retired)
Clients: Nvidia Shield Android miniclient

Last edited by waylo; 03-27-2019 at 09:44 PM.
Old 03-28-2019, 05:00 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
My guess is the properties file keeps settings for the plugins but the files for those plugins were not copied as well so the system was confused.
Copying the main .properties file is never a good idea. I always recommend just copying the wiz.bin and then the properties files for the extenders.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 03-28-2019, 07:29 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
Copying the main .properties file is never a good idea. I always recommend just copying the wiz.bin and then the properties files for the extenders.
I do this as well, but then I will compare the new and old properties files side by side and manually copy over some properties. For example I spent a lot of time configuring the Malore menus the way I like, so I will copy over those properties by hand.

This is where it would be nice to have a way to export and import some settings. I guess some plugins like Gemstone handle this.
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 03-28-2019, 08:49 AM
Sage Aficionado

After cleaning up the SageTV-9.2.1-64 bit plugin mess (from copying sage.properties), I noticed that the original 32 bit sage.properties file had a lot of lines starting with /sagetv_core_plugins/ but the 64 bit file does not have any - would deleting these lines out of the 32 bit sage.properties help to cleanly remove the plugins and make copying sage.properties less of a problem?

More Info: At this point, I have only re-installed the Comskip and Comskip GUI plugins into 64 bit SageTV