SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Github Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Github Development Discussion related to SageTV Open Source Development. Use this forum for development topics about the Open Source versions of SageTV, hosted on Github.

Old 03-27-2019, 05:54 PM
Sage Aficionado

Sage 64 Server - USBUIRT Error

I currently have 9.1.8 of the server running, using the USBUIRT to control my two Bell Sat tuners with no issue.

Installed 9.2.1 64 bit in a new directory. When I get to the point to configure tuning for my HD-PVRs, I get the following attached error.

What am I missing here? If I reboot, and start only the 64 bit Sage to make sure the old version isn't hanging onto the driver, I still get the same error. I'm pretty sure I saw that USBUIRT was working in the 64 bit version. Any suggestions?
Attached Images
File Type: png usbuirt.PNG (576.5 KB, 397 views)
Server: Win 10 Pro 64 Bit, Intel i5, 8 GB, Samsung EVO 850 500 GB for OS, WD Black 4 TB + WD Black 1 TB for Recordings, 36TB Synology 1019+ for DVD/Bluray Rips, Music, Home Movies, etc., SageTV Server 64 Bit Ver 9.2.6.976, HDPVR x 2, Bell TV 6131 Receiver x 2, USB-UIRT with 56 KHz Receiver

Clients: PC Client x 2, HD-300 x 2 (1 Using Netgear MoCA Coax Bridges), SageTV Miniclient on NVidia Shield x 3
Old 03-27-2019, 06:03 PM
Sage Icon

The same thing happened in the beta installer (https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/sho...&postcount=238). I thought that got fixed for the final but you may have to follow the same steps Tiki did in the posts after this one.
Old 03-27-2019, 06:20 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnjj View Post
The same thing happened in the beta installer (https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/sho...&postcount=238). I thought that got fixed for the final but you may have to follow the same steps Tiki did in the posts after this one.
I was never successful at getting both transmit and receive to work simultaneously with 64-bit Sage when running Sage as a service. So, if I set up the USBUIRT to work with my remote, I would get that same error when I tried to configure the blaster to work with my cable box. If I disabled the USBUIRT remote and restarted, then I could get the blaster to work.

I could make both work if Sage was in application mode (not running the Sage service), but I would never consider running that way except as an experiment. For now I am still I using 32-bit Sage.

Apparently 1 person did report that they got this working, so I was planning to give it one more try soon. But I am skeptical (I suspect they weren’t really in service mode, or they weren’t using the transmitter and receiver at the same time). I really hope I’m wrong and it will just work if I try again.
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 03-27-2019, 07:34 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
So reading thru the posts it sounds like there is a 64 bit driver for the usbuirt I need to install? Are they part of the install package and just not installed, or do I need to download them? I just need it to work as a blaster....
Server: Win 10 Pro 64 Bit, Intel i5, 8 GB, Samsung EVO 850 500 GB for OS, WD Black 4 TB + WD Black 1 TB for Recordings, 36TB Synology 1019+ for DVD/Bluray Rips, Music, Home Movies, etc., SageTV Server 64 Bit Ver 9.2.6.976, HDPVR x 2, Bell TV 6131 Receiver x 2, USB-UIRT with 56 KHz Receiver

Clients: PC Client x 2, HD-300 x 2 (1 Using Netgear MoCA Coax Bridges), SageTV Miniclient on NVidia Shield x 3
Old 03-27-2019, 08:07 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveW View Post
So reading thru the posts it sounds like there is a 64 bit driver for the usbuirt I need to install? Are they part of the install package and just not installed, or do I need to download them? I just need it to work as a blaster....
It’s supposed to be part of the installer but something wasn’t right during the beta. I thought it was corrected but maybe not. You can try following the instructions in this post to see if it helps: https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/sho...&postcount=191
Old 03-27-2019, 08:11 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiki View Post
I was never successful at getting both transmit and receive to work simultaneously with 64-bit Sage when running Sage as a service. So, if I set up the USBUIRT to work with my remote, I would get that same error when I tried to configure the blaster to work with my cable box. If I disabled the USBUIRT remote and restarted, then I could get the blaster to work.

I could make both work if Sage was in application mode (not running the Sage service), but I would never consider running that way except as an experiment. For now I am still I using 32-bit Sage.

Apparently 1 person did report that they got this working, so I was planning to give it one more try soon. But I am skeptical (I suspect they weren’t really in service mode, or they weren’t using the transmitter and receiver at the same time). I really hope I’m wrong and it will just work if I try again.
JustFred is quite knowledgeable and thorough so I believe him when he said it worked for him. Are you on Windows 7 still? There may be some system level security setting that matters when it comes to processes sharing hardware. I would think Jon’s work to make it Vista compatible would have carried over into the 64-bit driver code since it was so long ago.
Old 03-27-2019, 08:13 PM
Sage Advanced User

I finally got 64 bit partially running but USBUIRT won't receive in Service mode like others have seen (I had to copy the files from the posted ZIP file). When using Application mode USBUIRT will work as a receiver but my Hauppauge Colossus 2 is not detected. In either Service or Application mode when selecting which airing to record both SD and HD channels for the program are displayed even though only the HD channels are enabled. Even the old analog channels show in the Record selection and their disabled also. Think I'm heading back to 32 bit version 9.1.10. May try the 32bit 9.2.1 build and see how it plays.
HTPC: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI, I7-6700, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro x64, Hauppauge HVR-1600, WinTV-dualHD, Colossus 2, Samsung 850 EVO 120GB, Seagate 3TB, WD 3TB, 3TB, 5TB, Java v1.8.0_231, SageTVx64 v9.2.1.826, Samsung UN60EH6003F, Dish ViP222K, ViewHD 1x2 HDMI Splitter.
Old 03-27-2019, 08:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
It’s supposed to be part of the installer but something wasn’t right during the beta. I thought it was corrected but maybe not. You can try following the instructions in this post to see if it helps: https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/sho...&postcount=191
I was never able to recreate the copy issue. My tests all succeeded and copied the 64 bit driver to the system32 folder overwriting the 32 bit one. Obviously this copy fails for some users so it needs to be manually copied. The 64 bit driver should be in the redist folder under sagetv.

k
Old 03-27-2019, 08:26 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiki View Post

Reading this super old thread (https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45049) has me wondering about StephaneM’s idea of having the server process the IR receive since the HW is really connected there anyway. That would clear this up. I don’t know what is involved and may require a bunch of work.
Old 03-27-2019, 08:38 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denali View Post
I finally got 64 bit partially running but USBUIRT won't receive in Service mode like others have seen (I had to copy the files from the posted ZIP file). When using Application mode USBUIRT will work as a receiver
I had no problems running on Win7-x64. See my previous post here. Maybe there's some issue that's unique to Win10, which I don't use.
System #1: Win7-64, I7-920, 8 GB mem, 4TB HD. Java-64 1.8.0_141. Sage-64 v9.2.1 ATSC: 2x HDHR-US (1st gen white) tuners. HD-200.
System #2: Win7-64, I7-920, 8 GB mem, 4TB HD. Java 1.8.0_131. Sage v9.1.6.747. ClearQAM: 2x HDHR3-US tuners. HD-200.
System #3: Win7-64, I7-920, 12 GB mem, 4TB HD. Java-64 1.8.0_141. Sage-64 v9.2.1 ATSC: 2x HVR2250; Spectrum Cable via HDPVR & USB-UIRT. 3x HD-200.
Old 03-27-2019, 08:57 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denali View Post
I finally got 64 bit partially running but USBUIRT won't receive in Service mode like others have seen (I had to copy the files from the posted ZIP file). When using Application mode USBUIRT will work as a receiver but my Hauppauge Colossus 2 is not detected. In either Service or Application mode when selecting which airing to record both SD and HD channels for the program are displayed even though only the HD channels are enabled. Even the old analog channels show in the Record selection and their disabled also. Think I'm heading back to 32 bit version 9.1.10. May try the 32bit 9.2.1 build and see how it plays.
Would it not receive in service mode at all or only after configuring it as a blaster first? I may have to ask Jeff if there’s any way to overhaul the receive code to be handled on the server and then forwarded to the client.

I’m guessing the channels all showing up is a configuration issue related to a new install rather than something 64-bit specific. You could try copying over your 32-bit properties file and modifying the paths to “Program Files” manually. There will likely be other users stumbling upon setup issues they haven’t worried about in years.

Last edited by wnjj; 03-27-2019 at 09:00 PM.
Old 03-27-2019, 09:51 PM
Sage Advanced User

It was after configuring as blaster. Trying to configure Remote Control for receiver get error "Failed setting the Infrared Receiver Port! Please ensure the device is connected." The USBUIRT led blinks but Sage does not see it.
HTPC: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI, I7-6700, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro x64, Hauppauge HVR-1600, WinTV-dualHD, Colossus 2, Samsung 850 EVO 120GB, Seagate 3TB, WD 3TB, 3TB, 5TB, Java v1.8.0_231, SageTVx64 v9.2.1.826, Samsung UN60EH6003F, Dish ViP222K, ViewHD 1x2 HDMI Splitter.
Old 03-28-2019, 07:17 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
JustFred is quite knowledgeable and thorough so I believe him when he said it worked for him. Are you on Windows 7 still? There may be some system level security setting that matters when it comes to processes sharing hardware. I would think Jon’s work to make it Vista compatible would have carried over into the 64-bit driver code since it was so long ago.
I did all my testing with the beta 9.2 on Windows 10, and am currently using the 32-bit version of the beta with no real issues. I don’t have a Windows 7 machine setup anymore. I have not tried the final 9.2.1 released version yet and am out of town at the moment so can’t experiment right now.

It’s a shame that Jon didn’t respond one way or the other - it would be nice if he could confirm whether this 64-bit driver is based on the code that fixed the problem in Vista or not.
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 03-28-2019, 07:23 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Reading this super old thread (https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45049) has me wondering about StephaneM’s idea of having the server process the IR receive since the HW is really connected there anyway. That would clear this up. I don’t know what is involved and may require a bunch of work.
This sounds like it would be tricky and possibly messy. Sage supports multiple clients that may or may not be hosted on the same hardware as the server. You could even have multiple Virtual Machines running on the same hardware side by side and the client and server could be in different VMs.

You wouldn’t want to do this for a remote client. So I guess you would need to add logic to determine if the client was on the same hardware (or same VM) as the server.
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 03-28-2019, 10:43 AM
Sage Advanced User

Think I found solution for USBUIRT receive in Service Mode. There is a line in Sage.properties files irman_rcv_port=USB. In SageClient.properties it is irman_rcv_port=. I inserted USB to the client file and now the USB-UIRT can be selected in Setup : Detailed Setup : Commands and configured.

The disabled SD channels showing in the Record menu seems to have gone away after restart of Service.

EDIT spoke to soon,

The USBUIRT no longer transmits with this change. No longer any options to select in Change Tuning Device until USB is removed from SageClient.properties file.

Last edited by Denali; 03-28-2019 at 12:18 PM. Reason: typo, retraction
Old 03-30-2019, 07:46 AM
Sage Aficionado

I'm all fixed up. uu_irsage.dll was where it should be.

The uuirtdrv.dll in the system32 directory was still the 32 bit one. Upon reflection, probably good it didn't overwrite it anyways. I have the 64 bit version installed in a new directory while I still use the 32 bot version and gradually get the settings same in the 64 bit version. If uuirtdrv.dll had been overwritten, it would have stopped channel changes from working correctly on my 32 bit production SageTV.

I just copy the 32 and 64 bit dll back and forth whenever I need tuning working on my 64 bit for testing. Eventually, the 64 bit dll will be the one left in there.

Thanks to everyone involved for their tireless work on the 64 bit version. Working great so far!

Old 03-30-2019, 09:56 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:

The uuirtdrv.dll in the system32 directory was still the 32 bit one. Upon reflection, probably good it didn't overwrite it anyways. I have the 64 bit version installed in a new directory while I still use the 32 bot version and gradually get the settings same in the 64 bit version. If uuirtdrv.dll had been overwritten, it would have stopped channel changes from working correctly on my 32 bit production SageTV.

I just copy the 32 and 64 bit dll back and forth whenever I need tuning working on my 64 bit for testing. Eventually, the 64 bit dll will be the one left in there.

Thanks to everyone involved for their tireless work on the 64 bit version. Working great so far!
Actually that DLL in the system32 directory should only be the 64-bit one. The 32-bit one is in there by a mistake in the original driver installer. 32-bit programs load their DLL’s from sysWOW64. You can leave the 64-bit one in system32 and still run either version.
Old 03-30-2019, 10:02 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

If all is working right on a 64 bit system then usbuirt should use the 32 bit driver from the syswow64 folder and the 64 bit driver from the system32 folder. You should not need to move the file around.

The sagetv installer tries to do this copy because the usbuirt author created his installer to install the 32 bit driver to BOTH syswow64 and to system32

Perhaps the copy failure occurs if the usbuirt is in use??

k
Old 03-30-2019, 11:25 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
If all is working right on a 64 bit system then usbuirt should use the 32 bit driver from the syswow64 folder and the 64 bit driver from the system32 folder. You should not need to move the file around.

The sagetv installer tries to do this copy because the usbuirt author created his installer to install the 32 bit driver to BOTH syswow64 and to system32

Perhaps the copy failure occurs if the usbuirt is in use??

k

Ok, I didn't realize the 32 bit drivers were coming from the the SysWOW64 directory. Good to know. The system32 directory definitely had a different version of uuirtdrv.dll compared to what the installer should have put there.

I had the 32 bit Sage shut down while the 64 bit installed, so I wouldn't think the DLL was in use, but couldn't say for sure if something else had it open. Like you said, 32 bit Sage uses a different directory, so nothing should have been holding onto the one in the system32 directory...

-S.