SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 04-24-2009, 11:46 AM
Sage User

Stephanie,

Thanks once again!

The vbs script successfully changed the channel.

I captured a debug log and find:

Fri 4/24 13:23:44.364 Seeker channel string=215
Fri 4/24 13:23:44.364 Playing IR tune command of 215

but that's about the only thing that indicates a channel change at all -- there's nothing in there about the plugin at all that I can see... I'd think it would output something about it at least, but I don't see anything.

I've attached the whole log...

Best Regards,

-pir
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetv_0.txt (114.6 KB, 173 views)
Old 04-24-2009, 06:58 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pir View Post
I captured a debug log and find:

Fri 4/24 13:23:44.364 Seeker channel string=215
Fri 4/24 13:23:44.364 Playing IR tune command of 215
That's seems fine.

Just in case, install the Visual C++ Runtime. Then reboot your PC, launch SageTV delete your current Video Source and re-add it. Be sure to select the LM Remote KeyMap tuning plugin and once done, change the tuning device to your comcast device as shown here (nevertheless if you don't you should still see something in the live trace viewer)

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:10 AM
Sage User

Stephanie,

Got it! The runtime didn't help (it was already installed) -- what did help was taking Sage TV out of service mode. It now works! I see that was a problem in older versions... for some reason that's the case with the current version on my setup.

I'm impressed with your software, and will definitely be donating.

Many Thanks,

-pir
Old 04-25-2009, 02:37 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Got it! The runtime didn't help (it was already installed) -- what did help was taking Sage TV out of service mode. It now works!
This shouldn't be an issue at all, it is designed to work with or without service mode (I'll verify this on a test setup and let you know).

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 04-25-2009, 04:50 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
what did help was taking Sage TV out of service mode. It now works!
I just tested and for me it works when using service mode or not. I don't know why it wouldn't work for you, maybe it's a permission issue. The plugin has to load the .ir file in the C:\Program Files\SageTV\Common\RemoteCodes\LM Remote KeyMap directory and after reading this file use the LM RKM COM component...

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 04-25-2009, 09:34 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephaneM View Post
... maybe it's a permission issue. ...
That's exactly what it was, the localsystem account doesn't have the necessary permissions. I'm a bit embarrassed... I should have checked that.

Thanks again for your help.

-pir
Old 05-22-2009, 11:36 AM
Sage User

Hi Stephane,

I'm a newb in this whole thing and so I've bought a few things and now I'm not able to get the remote to work. As I see it, I have SageTV installed, and it seems to be working in terms of showing live TV on the Sage TV on my PC but I want to use the remote as well to change channels (and ultimately show the Sage TV UI on my TV via my XBOX 360?)

Long story short, I'm unable to figure out the IR stuff. Here is my thread with more details and a gentleman pointed me to this thread.

I installed LM, and chose "MCE Remote" as remote, and "MCE IR Blaster" as the blaster. Yet, I don't see anything in there.

Any help from you would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 05-22-2009, 11:51 AM
Sage Aficionado

Devil,

You need to implement the LM Remote plugin in Sage in order for Sage to use it for channel changes and other IR blasting.

There is a very easy to follow guide on the LM Remote site.

Unless someone else knows something I don't know, you won't be able to use your XBox360 to show your SageTV UI on your TV screen. The 360 is a Windows Media Center Extender intended to be used with Microsoft Media Center solutions. Sage does offer their own extender solution the HD-200 and it is available from the Sage Online Store.

-Striker-
Old 05-22-2009, 02:04 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker:WG View Post
Devil,

You need to implement the LM Remote plugin in Sage in order for Sage to use it for channel changes and other IR blasting.

There is a very easy to follow guide on the LM Remote site.
Thanks a ton for your message. However, I read somewhere (possibly the guide itself) that before I can start configuring Sage to work with LM, I have to configure the MCE with LM.. and that's where I'm having a problem (doesn't seem to 'detect' it) and that's what I need help with..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker:WG View Post
Unless someone else knows something I don't know, you won't be able to use your XBox360 to show your SageTV UI on your TV screen. The 360 is a Windows Media Center Extender intended to be used with Microsoft Media Center solutions. Sage does offer their own extender solution the HD-200 and it is available from the Sage Online Store.

-Striker-
Gotcha, thanks a lot for that too, I kept thinking maybe I can show Sage on my TV somehow.
Old 05-22-2009, 04:36 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil View Post
before I can start configuring Sage to work with LM, I have to configure the MCE with LM.. and that's where I'm having a problem (doesn't seem to 'detect' it)
I don't know exactly what you mean by "doesn't seem to detect it" (My best guess would be that you have to create an IR device by clicking on the "+" button)

The guide for creating an IR device is here. The IR device is the collection of IR codes you need to blast to your Set top box to change channels.

Then follow the channel change plugin guide to use LM Remote KeyMap in SageTV to change channels on your set top box.

For using the MCE remote to control SageTV you need to create a remote profile or download one from the online database (you need to be a donator for downloading profiles).

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 05-22-2009, 05:44 PM
Sage User

Quote:
I don't know exactly what you mean by "doesn't seem to detect it" (My best guess would be that you have to create an IR device by clicking on the "+" button)
Take a look at the video capture I made to give you a brief understanding on what I mean by detect it. I thought once I tell it MCE in both cases, they will show up immediately, etc.

And when the other gentlemen in the other thread referred to this software, I assumed just what he said "easy installation" which in my eyes meant plug 'n' play, lol
Old 05-22-2009, 06:41 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I thought once I tell it MCE in both cases, they will show up immediately, etc.
They do show up immediately. However the drop down list for the IR devices is empty because you have to create at least one device by clicking on the "+" button next to this list.

Quote:
I assumed just what he said "easy installation" which in my eyes meant plug 'n' play, lol
This is plug an play. Though you have to learn the IR codes from your set top box (or download them), LM Remote KeyMap cannot guess them. As the different IR codes are used to control a set top box or another IR devices (a TV, Stereo etc...) I called this "IR devices". I guess the interface could be more intuitive, all the learning process is very well explained in the previous links I gave you.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 05-22-2009, 08:05 PM
Sage User

Quote:
This is plug an play. Though you have to learn the IR codes from your set top box (or download them), LM Remote KeyMap cannot guess them. As the different IR codes are used to control a set top box or another IR devices (a TV, Stereo etc...) I called this "IR devices". I guess the interface could be more intuitive, all the learning process is very well explained in the previous links I gave you.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Gotcha, I guess all this confusion comes to me because I never got to understand all about the IR codes, IR devices, etc.. or the basic workings of these IR control things.

Right now, from what you've told me, I deduce that I'd need to stick with the current "default" profile (since I'm not an advanced user and probably wouldn't need all the extra stuff especially considering I don't know much to begin with, lol) and then create an IR device and make it "learn".
Old 05-31-2009, 06:57 AM
Sage User

Multiple Blasters

In release 3.8, it says multiple blaster devises are supported. Does that mean I can connect 2 Blasters and have 4 ports available to me? Right now I'm limited to only 2 tuners because of this limitation.
Old 05-31-2009, 07:06 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick25 View Post
Does that mean I can connect 2 Blasters and have 4 ports available to me?
Yes, only with MCE Blasters though.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 05-31-2009, 08:31 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Though you have to learn the IR codes from your set top box (or download them), LM Remote KeyMap cannot guess them.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Quick question, do you have the codes for Motorola RG2400V? Either I'm blind or I simply can't find the list of devices you have codes for.

Thanks.
Old 05-31-2009, 04:31 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Quick question, do you have the codes for Motorola RG2400V? Either I'm blind or I simply can't find the list of devices you have codes for.
There are many Motorola devices in the base, but can't find RG2400V (it's often DCT XXXX). There is no list of the devices available on my web site, so you are not blind

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 05-31-2009, 05:49 PM
Sage User

Quote:
There are many Motorola devices in the base, but can't find RG2400V (it's often DCT XXXX). There is no list of the devices available on my web site, so you are not blind

Regards,
Stéphane.
I was hoping I could skip on the learning process, lol.
Old 07-02-2009, 08:28 AM
Sage Advanced User

Forum members,

I had LM remote working on a test bed (Laptop). I move everything to a Windows XP Pro SP3 based server. Had a single HD-PVR and a Dish 301 box. For channel changing task, I am using the MCE blaster and LM remote. LM remote was so easy to configure on my first test bed that I though "even a caveman can do this! (my appologies to any caveman(s) in the forum :] ) But this second time around to get it going has been a pain in you know where. I had been working with Stephane on this issue and I have preaty much tried everything mentioned on this thread. The puzzling thing is that from the LM remote application, when I test the change channel feature, it responds; the emmiters change the channels in the box. Running the script mentioned on this thread brings back the name of my created IR device and send the "10" code to the emmiter! But from SageTV (in either service mode and/or windowed mode) nothing happens when I issue a change channel request! I have checked permissions, installed C++ runtime environment, deleted LM remote, reinstall it, reconfigure Sage to use the LM remote and my created IR device and can not get it to work. I am attaching the debug logs that I got from teh system. Can someone tell me if they show a change channel request failure in any of them? Should I reinstall SageTV? Anticipated thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetv_3.txt (496.0 KB, 163 views)
File Type: txt sagetv_2.txt (41.5 KB, 158 views)
File Type: txt sagetv_1.txt (188.4 KB, 157 views)
File Type: zip sagetv_0.zip (197.7 KB, 154 views)

Last edited by lfilomeno; 07-02-2009 at 09:18 AM.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:02 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfilomeno View Post
Forum members,

I had LM remote working on a test bed (Laptop). I move everything to a Windows XP Pro SP3 based server. Had a single HD-PVR and a Dish 301 box. For channel changing task, I am using the MCE blaster and LM remote. LM remote was so easy to configure on my first test bed that I though "even a caveman can do this! (my appologies to any caveman(s) in the forum :] ) But this second time around to get it going has been a pain in you know where. I had been working with Stephane on this issue and I have preaty much tried everything mentioned on this thread. The puzzling thing is that from the LM remote application, when I test the change channel feature, it responds; the emmiters change the channels in the box. Running the script mentioned on this thread brings back the name of my created IR device and send the "10" code to the emmiter! But from SageTV (in either service mode and/or windowed mode) nothing happens when I issue a change channel request! I have checked permissions, installed C++ runtime environment, deleted LM remote, reinstall it, reconfigure Sage to use the LM remote and my created IR device and can not get it to work. I am attaching the debug logs that I got from teh system. Can someone tell me if they show a change channel request failure in any of them? Should I reinstall SageTV? Anticipated thanks.
Just to confirm, have you renamed tuners in your property file to match the tuner ir files?

-Striker-