SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 11-27-2007, 12:10 AM
Sage Aficionado

Anyone willing/able to convert an STVi to work in SageMC?

Hi folks,

I'm wondering if anyone out there has interest in converting a Default-UI STVi to work with the SageMC UI?

Essentially, I am (and others are) having music playback issues with the default player. Sage support is currently unable to fix the issue that some of us are having (see THIS THREAD).

So, I found a great mod that appears to at least handle the problematic files I seem to have. Essentially, it uses WMP as the player instead of the SageTV player (see THIS THREAD). I don't have issues playing these problematic MP3s with other players, so I didn't even know I had issues until SageTV. So, this is a band-aid for my problem...but I'm a SageMC user and wasn't built for that UI.

Anyway, figured I'd throw it out there to see if there are any takers. I'd be incredibly appreciative of any help here. It's a drag to not be able to reliably play MP3s via Sage...and I have a *LOT* of MP3s with problems and there's no way for me to tell which ones are problematic until I listen to them via Sage. So, it's going to take a very long time to find them all and re-rip them...I'm to the point where I think I'd rather just band-aid it for now.

Thanks again for any help!
Media Server / NAS:
Case: Thermaltake Armor CPU: AMD Opteron 1218 (2.6GHz Dual Core) Motherboard: ASUS MN2-LR Memory: 2GB Gfx Card: Headless Tuner: Hauppauge HD-PVR, Hauppauge PVR-350 (not in use) O/S: Windows 7 Sage: Latest RAID: On-Board Drives: 6 x 1.5TB SATA RAID-5, 2 x 80GB IDE RAID-1 (O/S) Storage: 7.5TB Total
Old 11-27-2007, 01:00 AM
SageTVaholic

Another alternative is that there is already a Winamp plugin built into SageMC. It seamlessly routes all music playback through Winamp. You can even set it up to use Winamp visualizations (Milkdrop anyone?) as long as Full screen Exclusive (FSE) is disabled.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 11-27-2007, 02:48 AM
SageTVaholic

If you don't care about the CD player part, you don't really need to import the STVI at all. There's no UI mod involved in playback of media files on hard disc, so all you need for that part is to configure the properties file manually to use the SageWMP player for the desired file types.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:18 AM
Sage Icon

Are you saying that the default UI has a CD player now? When did that happen?
Old 11-27-2007, 01:43 PM
SageTVaholic

No, I'm saying the STVI he's asking about implements a CD player for the default UI. If you don't need a CD player, then you don't need to import that STVI to get the other media player functions the plugin offers.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:49 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKusnick View Post
If you don't care about the CD player part, you don't really need to import the STVI at all. There's no UI mod involved in playback of media files on hard disc, so all you need for that part is to configure the properties file manually to use the SageWMP player for the desired file types.
Ah, now that's interesting! I don't really care about the CD player. I'll look through the install instructions and see if I can't pull out that piece of it.

I was hoping to have some UI stuff eventually done to it, but I'd be happy if my music would just play reliably. For the record, some of the UI stuff I'd love to see is the following:

1) Ability to view and play WMP Auto-Playlists
2) Ability to view and modify WMP rankings (stored in the MP3 somewhere).

If I had that, my life would be complete. <laughs>

Thanks for the tips,
Media Server / NAS:
Case: Thermaltake Armor CPU: AMD Opteron 1218 (2.6GHz Dual Core) Motherboard: ASUS MN2-LR Memory: 2GB Gfx Card: Headless Tuner: Hauppauge HD-PVR, Hauppauge PVR-350 (not in use) O/S: Windows 7 Sage: Latest RAID: On-Board Drives: 6 x 1.5TB SATA RAID-5, 2 x 80GB IDE RAID-1 (O/S) Storage: 7.5TB Total
Old 11-28-2007, 03:58 PM
Sage Fanatic

Hi,

I am in the process of trying to "intergrate" sage and JRiver Media Center's Theaterview. One of the JRMC users has ported the Blue Too skin (same as is available for SageMCE) over for use with JRMC.

Because I need FSE for smooth HD playback I could not exit and enter sage smoothly. I am now in the process of setting up vista on this machine so FSE will not be necessary.

First I am going to try using the other programs feature in SageMCE to launch JRMC. If that does not work smoothly then I will try girder. I dont expect it will be completely seemless, but it should be pretty close.

Not exactly what you were looking for, but I thought it may be of interest.

Jesse
HD300 X1