SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 01-21-2008, 04:34 AM
Sage User

Deleted shows not disappearing from Recorded list

Hi,

Is there any1 has same problem? Many often I see that I delete a recorded show and still in the list. Or dissapeares and after 1 hour i can see it on the list again. I didnt find out how can I solve this problem...

Thnx
Zs.
Old 01-21-2008, 09:48 AM
Sage Expert

I've occasionally had that issue; usually I stop and restart the Sage service (not just the UI), and then delete the file again. That usually fixes it for me.

On the one occasion where the above didn't work, I stopped the service, deleted the file manually, and restarted it. I think I also had to do a server reboot as well.

HTH,
Stu
Old 01-21-2008, 10:38 AM
Sage Icon

My experience has been that if you are using UNC paths on a server, you have to go into the Computer Management Open Files area and kill the file lock then it will delete.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:33 AM
Administrator

What tuner is being used? There was an issue with locked files for some tuner. (M780?)

I've also heard of this happening when using some customization that either wasn't releasing the files or the files were just temporarily in use... do you have any customizations?

You could use Process Explorer to find the process that has the files open.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:57 AM
Sage Icon

This can also occur when using something like the client. If you let the program play to the end, sage does not close the file. This prevent anyone one else from deleting the file and does not even state that the file is in use. You must use stop, start watching a new show or exit the client. One of these days Sage will realize that playing a show to the end is an implied stop and should be treated as such.
Server : Intel Core i7 2.8 GHz Processor: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Motherboard: 6 GB Memory : 1 120 GB Intel SSD :3 2 TB WD hard drives:1 Hauppauge PVR 2250: 3 HDHomeRuns:1 HD300 extender;1 HD200 extender;1 HD100 extender 2 MVP Media Extenders: Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium all updates applied, SageTV V7.1.7.254.
Old 01-21-2008, 02:12 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
What tuner is being used? There was an issue with locked files for some tuner. (M780?)

I've also heard of this happening when using some customization that either wasn't releasing the files or the files were just temporarily in use... do you have any customizations?

You could use Process Explorer to find the process that has the files open.

- Andy
Is there anything on the forums here, or notes somewhere about the m780 issue? I have 2 of those in my system...
Old 01-21-2008, 02:16 PM
Sage Aficionado

This happens to me from time to time when the Comskip process I have running in the background is not done with a file yet (i.e. I started watching it live and when I finished the comskip was still processing it). The file looks like it's deleted but it comes back later.
Basement: HD Extender connected to Dell projector.
Back room: MVP 1000 hooked to 21" CRT TV.
Bedroom: MVP 1000 hooked to 27" CRT TV.
Old 01-21-2008, 02:30 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by heffe2001 View Post
Is there anything on the forums here, or notes somewhere about the m780 issue? I have 2 of those in my system...
One of the last topics about not being able to delete files found that it was related to that tuner & the current RC's release notes has a mention.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:02 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via ICQ to wbarber69 Send a message via AIM to wbarber69 Send a message via MSN to wbarber69 Send a message via Yahoo to wbarber69
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlindborg View Post
This happens to me from time to time when the Comskip process I have running in the background is not done with a file yet (i.e. I started watching it live and when I finished the comskip was still processing it). The file looks like it's deleted but it comes back later.
This is the reason why they don't go away most of the time. Except for me its Showanalyzer and it does it more often if you run your commercial skipping from another pc
Old 01-21-2008, 06:35 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlgar View Post
If you let the program play to the end, sage does not close the file. This prevent anyone one else from deleting the file and does not even state that the file is in use. You must use stop, start watching a new show or exit the client. One of these days Sage will realize that playing a show to the end is an implied stop and should be treated as such.
You could always use the Close Media import from here

John
Old 01-22-2008, 06:16 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlgar View Post
This can also occur when using something like the client. If you let the program play to the end, sage does not close the file. This prevent anyone one else from deleting the file and does not even state that the file is in use. You must use stop, start watching a new show or exit the client. One of these days Sage will realize that playing a show to the end is an implied stop and should be treated as such.

Actually I dunno what cause this, but in the previous version it was not a bug.. When I updated to the newest build this problem came up. Its not very serious problem, only things that I always have to delete all shows 2-3 times.. Hope this bug fix soon. (no any costomization in my system)

Zs.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:46 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
One of the last topics about not being able to delete files found that it was related to that tuner & the current RC's release notes has a mention.

- Andy
Yeah, I see it now, and I actually have the problem, hopefully the .7 beta uploaded today will be an improvement, it missed American Idol tonight because of it, and I'm in the dog-house .