SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Placeshifter
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Placeshifter Discussion related to the SageTV Placeshifter application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV Placeshifter software application should be posted here.

Old 01-29-2008, 04:48 PM

Wrong audio track streamed

How do you change the audio track from the Placeshifter application? I have a number of TV channels being streamed from my Hauppauge DVB-T card from which Placeshifter only plays the audio track for the visually impaired. VLC manages to select the correct track straight away, so that's what I'll have to resort to if this is a feature yet to be implemented. I've tested the beta and can't see any solution.

Thanks,

Nikki

Last edited by Nikki; 01-29-2008 at 04:50 PM.
Old 03-12-2008, 10:45 AM
Sage Advanced User

I too had this problem:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31387

This seems to be the solution for new recordings - but will not fix old recordings:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26229

Good luck!
T
Old 05-24-2009, 10:52 AM
Sage Aficionado

I am using the placeshifter trial. Strictly within my LAN. And have told the placeshifter that I do not want any transcoding going on. Just stream it as is. I have several OTA digital recordings that the placeshifter client is playing the SAP. For COPS it's in Spanish. For Frontline it seems to be audio for the visually impaired.

Searching the SageTV manual - there are indications that during playback the pop up (ESC or right mouse click) will offer the choice 'Audio Language' but that is not happening.

This did not happen with the client. I'd rather use the placeshifter because it replicates the STV that is on the server. But this is annoying.