SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 01-30-2008, 03:21 PM
Sage User

LIVE not always reported at First Run

I'm a new Sage user, just switching from MCE, and I'm having a problem in the guide data where Live events arn't always shown in the Sage guide as FirstRun (sometime they show up as repeat). I've reported this to support, but I thought I'd report it here as well incase someone has some good advice.

I can't narrow down the problem to anything other than some events that Zap2it marks as Live show up in the Sage guide as Repeat (I compared the guide data on the zap2it web page to the guide data that Sage displays). Also, I compared the same shows to the guide data in my MCE system, and MCE reports those shows as Live (MCE uses the Zap2it data so I thought this might be a valid comparison). Now I understand that Sage doesn't have a Live setting, but I expected those shows to appear in Sage as First Run.

Below are a few examples of what Sage says, the Zap2it web page, and what MCE says. All these shows are coming up this Sunday afternoon.

Sage Zap2it MCE
CBS - PGA Tour FirstRun Live Live
ABC - NBA Basketball Repeat Live Live
NBC - NHL Hockey Repeat Live Live
FOX - Super Bowl FirstRun Live Live

I thought maybe it was just a problem with specific channels, however, I have other examples of College Basketball on CBS where the shows appear as Repeat in Sage but show as Live in Zap2it and MCE.

Is anyone else struggling with this? Sage says my software version is 6.3.5.159 and I'm running Java version 1.6.0_03
Old 01-30-2008, 03:26 PM
Sage User

Wow, I'm sorry my table in the above post looks really bad. I'm going to reformat it below and hopefully it will look better.

CBS - PGA Tour - (Sage - FirstRun)(Zap2It - Live)(MCE - Live)

ABC - NBA Basketball - (Sage - Repeat)(Zap2it - Live)(MCE - Live)

NBC - NHL Hockey - (Sage - Repeat)(Zap2it - Live)(MCE - Live)

Fox - Super Bowl - (Sage - FirstRun)(Zap2it - Live)(MCE - Live)
Old 01-30-2008, 04:12 PM
Administrator

The EPG data that SageTV uses to determine First Run status isn't in those airings, but the Super Bowl has the appropriate info, I see. Since you said you brought this to the attention of SageTV, there isn't much more to do about it. Either Zap2it can include the info to determine its First Run status, or SageTV may look into using the 'Live' tag -- no guarantees when or if that will get changed.

Maybe if the teams have played each other before, it is considered a repeat.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-31-2008, 08:56 PM
Sage User

Well below is the response I received from Sage Support.

I spoke with one of the developer and they are aware of this and are looking
into getting this fixed.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

It was very nice to have someone look at this so quickly and respond back (I never got this type of service from WMC). I'll look at the next release and hopefully this problem will be fixed.