SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 03-15-2008, 09:24 AM
Sage Advanced User

Album Titles showing up as Artists

I have multiple albums that show up as artists.

for example:

on my hardrive i have
y:\media\audio\mp3\matthew sweet\100% fun\Matthew Sweet - 100% Fun - 01 - Sick of Myself.mp3

in the sagetv music browser with the ARTISTS highlighted above

i see 100% fun show up as an artist name and further down the list i see Matthew Sweet as an artist name.. both with the same songs in each

i removed the import folder from sage.. verified that no music showed up. then added the folder and the same results.

all of my music is correctly tagged inside of JRMediaCenter

any ideas?
Old 03-15-2008, 09:31 AM
SageTVaholic

Check the "album artist" tag with WMP. Also check to make sure the other tags show up correctly in WMP.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 03-15-2008, 07:44 PM
Sage Advanced User

okay figured it out.. in music browser settings there is a checkbox for album/artist tag.. unchecked that and its working.

damn.. thats been a minor annoyance for a long time.
Old 03-15-2008, 09:32 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by eruji View Post
okay figured it out.. in music browser settings there is a checkbox for album/artist tag.. unchecked that and its working.
Are you referring to the artist options in the SageTV music browser in the default STV? If so, no matter what artists you choose to include in SageTV's Artists view, it shouldn't list the album name as an artist. That would mean that either the music tags are wrong or SageTV is having a hard time reading whatever the tag system is.

As Gerry said, you can use WMP to check this -- open WMP, right click on the song, select Advanced Tag Editor, select the Artist Info tab, then look at the Album Artist field.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-16-2008, 08:04 AM
Sage Advanced User

okay, you guys are right.. the Album Artist tag inside of WMP is incorrect.

I use JRMC to tag and organize my music and the Album Artist tag looks good there.

what program do you guys use to edit this field in a bulk fashion.. perhaps i could just clear this tag for all of my music.