SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 12-09-2008, 03:04 PM
Sage User

Link ripped DVDs to DVD Profiler information

All,

After searching forum and playing with DVD Profiler I do not see how to link the DVD information from profiler to the Ripped DVDs I have in MyVideos.

I'm after a Kaleidescape type DVD collection interface and once the DVD cover is selected the menu is presented so i can play the movie, etc.

Any guidance on this issue will be greatly appreciated.

TIA!!!

toby
Old 12-09-2008, 03:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

Follow this link http://www.geektonic.com/search?q=dvd+profiler

Brent has a great write up on DVD Profiler.
Old 12-09-2008, 03:28 PM
SageTVaholic

EDIT: viperdiablo beat me to it

I can't tell from your original post if you are using SageMC or not. If you are or if you are interested in SageMC you might see if these tutorials help at all:

Part 1
Part 2

I think part 2 is what you're after as it talks about the DVD Profiler etc. but Part one gives you an idea of how it all looks and such.
Old 12-09-2008, 03:33 PM
Sage User

Sorry for leaving that part out. I am using SageMC.

I'm looking over tutorial now.

Thanks!
Old 12-09-2008, 05:50 PM
Sage User

I have read the tutorial and it was a very good read. However, my DVD Profiler data is not showing up in MyVideos. I believe this is due to the structure of the movies under C:\Documents and Settings\user1\My Documents\My Videos\Movies\

I have a folder, Madagascar in the directory above with the movie, Madagascar.avi

According to the doc I need to have .vob files. How do I turn my .avi into the proper format SageTV/DVD Profiler needs?

TIA!
Old 12-09-2008, 06:10 PM
Sage Fanatic

If you have the DVD, you can use somthing like DVD-Shrink to rip the vobs to a folder, remove menus, unneeded languages, audio tracks, etc.

There are a number of apps to convert videos from 1 format to another but I haven't enough luck with any of them to suggest any certain one. Also, if the movie has already been compressed when converted to avi, converting it back to vob will not increase quality. Re-ripping the vobs from DVD could. Sizes will vary depending on format/compression, etc too...