SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 12-17-2008, 10:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Should Fanart work for Scheduled shows as well?

I have Fanart setup and it is working, at least for MyTV, but it doesn't work for Scheduled shows - should it? For example, I have 30 Rock set as a Favorite. When I go into RecordedTV and click on a recorded show I get the beautiful Fanart screen. But when I click on schedule and click on the 30 Rock shows that will record tomorrow it shows the regular old screen. Is this the way it should work? If so then consider it a request to add Fanart to Scheduled shows as well.
Old 12-17-2008, 10:24 PM
Sage Aficionado

Everything that uses FanArt has a file associated with it. (ie 30 Rock.ts refers to 30 Rock.jpg)

Since you havent recorded the next episode yet, there is no file for it to use to get the art.
Old 12-17-2008, 10:51 PM
SageTVaholic

I guess that makes sense - it just seems to me like there should be a consistent look between Recorded Shows and Scheduled Shows. Too bad it couldn't use Series Name to pull the Fanart jpg file.
Old 12-18-2008, 07:52 AM
Sage Icon

There is more to it than just the show being recorded. I am using the nBlue theme, MC 6.3.8 and when I have a recently recorded show with its title sitting on the bottom of the main screen, if I navigate to that and press select, I do not get fan art. This is a recorded show, so there is a file there for the jpg to be associated with.

Maybe its just a bug, but I've noticed that if I dont access the program directly from the recorded tv list, fan art wont display. Likewise, if you record a show, then view the guide and go back to that show in the guide and select it, no fan art.

My hope is that the Fan Art can beome more integrated and work off of program titles, and not rely on the recorded file name existing.
Old 12-18-2008, 07:58 AM
SageTVaholic

Should Fanart work from MyVideos as well - I get the template for Fanart but none of the images are showing up for my movies ripped to avi, mkv, etc. But the Fanart is working for movies in MyTV and I am 100% sure that the title names are correct - i.e. Chicago.avi and I have a fanart file called Chicago.jpg.
Old 12-18-2008, 05:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Can you guys check to see how this version works for you? It should show fan art backgrounds however you access the screen now, including from the guide. Wayner, enable debug logging with this version and post your log file so I can see what file names SageMC is looking for. Thanks.

Aloha,
Mike

Edit: file removed.

Last edited by MeInMaui; 01-05-2009 at 11:27 AM.
Old 12-18-2008, 06:25 PM
SageTVaholic

That worked as I get the Fanart background by the movie info screen is the regular SageMC with the menu items on the left as opposed to the one with the menu items along the top. Mind you that is what I also get in MyTV - do I have to change some other settings for the other menu layout? Note that I used to get the other layout, at least in MyVideos, before applying this new xml file.
Old 12-19-2008, 08:31 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
Can you guys check to see how this version works for you? It should show fan art backgrounds however you access the screen now, including from the guide. Wayner, enable debug logging with this version and post your log file so I can see what file names SageMC is looking for. Thanks.

Aloha,
Mike
Mike, Ill try it when I get back home on Monday.
Old 12-20-2008, 09:19 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

Aloha,
Mike
I just tested this. It's not working (On lists of the recorded shows) for any TV titles where I had to remove the special charater. Like Law & Order: Criminal Intent. It works when you go to the single recorded detail screen. All the others (Sanctuary, The Starter Wife) works from the listed recording and the detail recording.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 12-20-2008, 10:21 AM
SageTVaholic

Thanks Gerry. I'll take a look at the character removal code.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 12-20-2008, 11:55 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Quote:
Thanks Gerry. I'll take a look at the character removal code.

Aloha,
Mike
Hi Mike,

Just seen this thread and was interested in the character removal code you mention.

Could this be modified to change stored media file names?

Dexter.S03E12.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION

To:
Dexter Season 3 Episode 12

Then maybe use http://www.thetvdb.com/ to lookup episode data, fanart and coverart? Quite similar to the way the IMDB data search works.

Sorry for straying away from the OP topic

Regards

Ben
Old 01-05-2009, 11:02 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
My hope is that the Fan Art can beome more integrated and work off of program titles, and not rely on the recorded file name existing.
I second this wholeheartedly. It seems intuitive that if you view a recorded 30 Rock show page and see FanArt that you'd see the same FanArt when you view the show page for an upcoming recording of that episode. (Or the show details in the guide, even for an episode of a show that's not set to be recorded.)

It seems like wherever the code is checking for the file name, instead it could just look for the program name and that would do what we're wanting. I'm sure it's more complicated than that in actuality, but if you're looking for things to add as feature requests for future versions, this would definitely be one for me!