SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 01-23-2009, 12:21 PM
Sage User

Exclamation how to move videos from my videos to my tv

ok hi i am new to sagetv but allready love it my question is that alot of my tv series is unders my videos i want it to show under my tv instead i have looked in the forums mabye i just missed it is there a way thank you

* moved to SageMC forum *
Old 01-23-2009, 01:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

Unless something has changed recently, There isn't a way. Sage treats files that it has created (recordings) that it has made (My TV) differently from files that it imports (videos).

I'd prefer that the distinction go away, but there may be a way that I either haven't found in the manual, or is buried somewhere in an STVi on this site...

M
Old 01-23-2009, 01:18 PM
SageTVaholic

The distinction is that TV files are linked to airing metadata in the EPG database. Imported videos are not; they're just media files on disk.

The web server plugin provides an interface for manually entering airing metadata and linking it to an existing video file, so Sage will think it's a TV file. I believe there are a couple of other plugins for importing metadata, but I'm not familiar with all of them.

From your reference to "My TV" and "My Videos" I'm guessing you're using the SageMC custom UI. SageMC may have additional metadata or categorization features that I'm not aware of. Your best bet for finding out about that is to post in the SageMC section of the forum.
Old 01-23-2009, 01:29 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost85 View Post
ok hi i am new to sagetv but allready love it my question is that alot of my tv series is unders my videos i want it to show under my tv instead i have looked in the forums mabye i just missed it is there a way thank you
I'm unclear what exactly you mean by your "tv series". Do you mean shows that you've recorded via sage? Or shows that you've downloaded/ripped from DVD?
Old 01-23-2009, 04:27 PM
Sage Aficionado

Greg hit the nail on the head, when my server when pear shaped and my wiz bin was corrupted (won't do that again!) I managed to get my recordings back into the proper place by using the edit show info link within the webserver plugin.
View the file details and the link is near the bottom of the page, just make sure you tick the box that creates a new epg id. Sage will then see the shows as recordings rather than imported video.
Old 01-23-2009, 05:38 PM
Sage User

He have been using this utility http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38386 to scrap the metadata and create the properties file and then use the web server plugin to import it into the wiz bin. Been working great. And I have all my import shows in my TV.

Tim