SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 02-03-2009, 07:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

Profiler / Sage MC Genre strange sorting behaviour

I use SageMC with DVD profiler 3.5.1. I sort my movies by Genre (I've created 3 - Kids, HD, and Mike and Anne (that's me ). Everything works pretty well. The only problem I have now is there are a couple movies that just refuse to sort alphabetically. In one view "the Corpse Bride" and "The Mummy - Tomb of the Dragon Warrior" are sorted at the bottom of the list right after "You, Me
& Dupree"...not right after "the Contractor"...I also have 4 others in another Genre...the all start with "the" so it must have something to do with that...

Also, is there anyway to convince SageMC to sort movies ignoring unimportant words like "the" and "A"...my xlobby did that and I really like it better since sometimes it is hard to remember that it is "The Goodfellas" and not "Goodfellas"...

thanks, mv
Old 02-13-2009, 03:07 PM
Sage Advanced User

ok...I figured it out...the esoteric code that is used to sort titles by genre...somehow decides that if you use a lower case t in titles like the Mummy...you sort those after everything else is sorted e.g. after a...b...c...The Corpse Bride, The Mummy,...Zorro, the Mummy...etc.

I fixed it by capitalizing the "the's" in all my titles...so now all my The XXX's are alphabetized correctly (although I would still prefer that they put the Corpse Bride under "C"...I can live with this now...