SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 02-22-2009, 11:34 PM
Sage Expert

Is there a way I can record a series on a specific Tuner?

I have an HDDR that is hooked up to basic cable. . .

So I can record 2 shows at a time from local channels like NBC, CBS, etc.

But I also have an HD-PVR that is hooked up to a DirecTV STB.
I do get locals with my DirecTV setup as well. . .

My DirecTV setup is the only one that can do recordings for Discovery, ESPN, and what not, so I want to make sure that locals 1st get scheduled on the HDHR, and then on the HD-PVR. . .

Maybe Sage is smart enough to just handle this automatically. . .but I was wondering if there is a setting somewhere that allows me to make sure. .. I swear I saw something like this. . . just can't remember where. . ..

Thanks. .
AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT 12 Core+HT, 64GB DDR5, GeForce 1060, MSI Prestige x570 Creation Mobo, SIIG 4 port Serial PCIe Card, Win10, 1TB M.2 SSD OS HDD, 1 URay HDMI Network Encoder, 3 HD-PVR, 4 DirecTV STB serial tuned

Old 02-23-2009, 06:47 AM
Sage Icon

I believe you are looking for the Tuner merit setting in the properties file. Make the HDHR higher. I believe Sage is smart enough to work around the conflicts but I think when it comes to live TV it might help occasionally to have them set higher for the HDHR.

If it can Sage will merge the Station into one single view on the Guide. I have mine setup so that they are listed as independent stations on the Guide. (WRAL for DirecTV and WRALDT for OTA. If you have your guide setup that way you can set the favorite to only record on a specific station which I believe is what you want.

Last edited by SWKerr; 02-23-2009 at 06:54 AM.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:25 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWKerr View Post
I have mine setup so that they are listed as independent stations on the Guide. (WRAL for DirecTV and WRALDT for OTA. If you have your guide setup that way you can set the favorite to only record on a specific station which I believe is what you want.
So how did you accomplish that? Did you remap Logical or Physical channels to make that work? I seem to see KFMB-DT from the OTA but it seems to be KFMBDT from the DTV Satellite. -Bill
Old 02-24-2009, 08:29 PM
Sage Icon

I figured this out via trial and error. When I scan with the HDHR none of the stations names match my DirecTV names so everything is already listed as a separate entry on the guide. These OTA stations only get about a days worth of the program data.

Since the cable companies tend to carry EPG data on the sub channels for each station and DirecTV only seems to have the main station, I use them as my basis for the Guide. Even though I select cable I can still do and OTA scan. The OTA stations do not match anything on the Cable EPG by default but I will remap each one. I will select "Map Different Station to this Physical Channel" (Sort by channel name) Find the station that matches the real OTA station and select it. It will now have EPG data and be listed as a separate entry on the guide only tunable to the HDHR.