SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 07-13-2009, 01:05 PM
Sage User

Thanks MeInMaui and flachbar for the hard work

Thanks to MeInMaui and flachbar and all the others who do all the great stuff. I have SageMC with ComSkip installed and working as advertised, not to say there were not a few missteps along the way. I still cannot watch a DVD, when I select it from the menu, it just gives me the windows busy icon and totally locks up the program. The only way to close the program is manually using the task manager.
My question is probably stupid but I cannot find the answer anywhere. What is the blue circle or ball next to the program mean. I know the green is first run but I cannot find the blue.
It must be a good program if this old 70 year old can get it up and running.

Thanks again guys
Old Smoke
Old 07-13-2009, 01:17 PM
Sage Icon

If I remember right the blue ball indicates which tuner the program was recorded on 1, 2, 3 etc… Have to check once home…

As for the DVD playback I’m not an expert on this… I don’t use it, and actually I delete this from my menu entirely. What I do for DVD playback is use AnyDVD. Then set the DVD drive as an import path in Sage.

I’m sure there are other ways, but this works well for me.
Old 07-13-2009, 02:51 PM
Sage User

That seems logical as most of my recordings are done on the digital tuner, most of them have a 2 inside. I will check out the ones with a 1 inside and see if they were done on the analog tuner

Thanks
Old 07-14-2009, 12:47 PM
Sage Aficionado

Welcome to the Sage forums Smokey!

As far as your DVD issue, what decoders are you using. I'm not in front of my system right now so bear with me please. I think you can find this info by going to:
Setup>SageTV Setup> Detailed Setup>DVD

You should see an option to choose video and audio decoders there. You need to make sure your using a proper dvd decoder i.e. PowerDVD, Arcsoft. As a matter of fact, I don't think the newest versions of either of these programs let you share its decoders, so hopefully, you have an older version of one of these lying around.

Hope that helps,

Cheers
Old 07-14-2009, 01:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Hi Smokey,

Thanks for the kind words. Are you running the user interface on a PC? I ask this because the DVD menu item will not work on a media extender. If this is on a PC (it sounds like it is), I would check to make sure SageMC is not set to use an external DVD player. From within SageMC, go to:

Settings >> SageMC >> External Programs

and make sure all of the options for external players are disabled.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 07-17-2009, 01:08 PM
Sage User

I think I found It

Mike,
I had a virtual drive active from Magic ISO. I disabled the drive and I am now able to play DVDs. Don't know what that has to do with it , but it now plays my ripped DVD ( DVD Fab) and DVDs from the installed player.

SageMC, Comskip, and most of the other SVTi I imported are working. The only one I can't get to work is the mouse tools when working from the office. Its listed in extras, but can't get any of the menus to pop up.

Thanks again for you interest and hard work
HDHR, Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1800
1.5 TB USB SATA Drive