SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 10-26-2009, 02:46 PM
Sage User

Sage HD Theater & Power-line Networking A+

Not sure what other user's experience with extenders over power-line networking might be, but I just setup an HD Theater media extender, and found the throughput sufficient to handle HD video streaming smoothly (via Sage & an HDPVR). It was a huge relief, as I live in an old house and the cost and mess of running CAT5 would've been ugly.

My thanks to Sage for a really easy setup experience which worked fantastically, right out of the box (firmware update was req'd, but very simple). I recommend this product to anyone considering a whole-home media streaming solution - this is definitely a viable way to go, and an exceptional alternative to Microsoft's offering (which is still, IMHO, grossly under-developed).
Old 10-26-2009, 03:19 PM
Sage Expert

I use my powerlines for an automation system via Insteon. I figured the through-put for data for PC use would not be that great.
Old 10-26-2009, 03:36 PM
SageTVaholic

The key to power line adapters is to make sure to buy from a store with a very generous return policy