SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 10-22-2009, 11:45 PM
Sage Advanced User

SageMC Skip Fwd/Bkwd not working

I recently needed to reinstall Leopard, and decided to also reinstall SageTV v6.6.1.1 and SageMC v6.3.7a full, and now I can't get Skip or FF/Rew working in SageMC. When I go into Detailed Setup and switch back to SageTV3.XML, the FF/Rew and Skip works perfectly. It seems as if the additional layer of SageMC settings are interfering with the perfectly functioning regular SageTV FF/Rew key mapping.

As I remember, the first time I just monkeyed with it until it started working. Not even sure what I did except fiddle with the various key binding and linked infrared remote assignments in both SageTV Detailed Setup, as well as SageMC Options/Main/Global UI Options, and also Multispeed FF/Rewind Options in the Video Options menu.

One strange note is that I can actually make the skip fwd work while the video options menu is displaying the multispeed ff/rew menu over full screen video.

This is either more confusing than it needs to be, or I'm just confused due to it not working. I'll post back if I figure it out.

MB
Sony SXRD-A502000
Silicon Dust HDHomerun Dual OTA Tuner
2TB My Book External Firewire

Last edited by mcbrems; 11-20-2009 at 07:24 PM. Reason: drama is boring
Old 11-02-2009, 05:34 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
We're on the same page. SageMC uses the skip fwd/back commands for the typical 10s
skip and skip fwd#2/back#2 for the longer skip (~150s by default, I think). These are
usually mapped to your fast forward and rewind buttons on your remote.

The arrows (up, down, left, right) are typically used for navigation. In the OSD,
the up/down buttons are used to activate the miniguide and left/right are used
for comskip.

I hope that clarifies things a bit.

Aloha,
Mike
(I actually had this working perfectly for both skip and multispeed for a long time until a recent
OSX reinstall. Only infinite monkeys know how I originally did it.)

Okay, so as you'll notice from my previous post, I was running an older version of SageMC - v6.3.7a.
I recently upgraded to SageMC v6.3.9a installed over SageTV 6.6.1 using the 32bit jars for OSX Leopard.
I thought upgrading to the later versions would fix my skip issue, but the SageMC default settings still
do not allow skip fwd/back using my apple remote's left/right buttons. The default STV SageTV3.xml
allows this skipping, but when I load SageMC_169.xml, although those keys still allow menu nav left/right,
any skip/multispeed functions disappear.

Below is a list of settings where it is possible to modify the behavior of the left/right remote buttons.

-Settings/SageTV Setup/Detailed Setup/Commands/Link Keystroke to SageTV Command

-Settings/SageMC Setup/Main/Global UI Options/Behavior/Left as Back - Rewind as Back (both default enabled)

-Settings/SageMC Setup/Main/Global UI Options/Behavior/Global Shortcut Keys (default disabled)

-Settings/SageMC Setup/Enhancements/Multispeed FF/REW Options/Key Bindings (default disabled)

-Video OSD/Multispeed FF/REW Options/Key Bindings (default disabled)

-Settings/SageMC Setup/Main/Screen Specific Options/Video OSD/Cursor Comskip (default enabled)

The first menu listed above revealed to me that the Skip Fwd/Skip Back are already mapped to the
remote left/right keys. I'm confused by how all of the other settings may affect the first, or if the SageMC settings
override the SageTV settings. There seem to be so many possible combinations. Could somebody clarify this?

Thanks,
MB
Sony SXRD-A502000

Last edited by mcbrems; 11-04-2009 at 10:01 PM.
Old 11-03-2009, 02:20 AM
Sage Advanced User

Skip and Multispeed Fwd/Rew Not working in SageMC

Hey Mike,

I did as you suggested and enabled debug logging, started up, and tried skipping fwd/back and also multi-speed fwd/rew. Again, nothing happens in SageMC, although it works fine in STV3. I've attached the log here for your perusal.

My previous post lists my default settings in SageMC for this behavior. I count 5 different places I could change these settings, but this time I left them defaulted from a clean install of SageTV and SageMC rather than monkey with them and further complicate matters.

Thanks for the help.

Mark
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetv_0.txt (37.9 KB, 191 views)
Sony SXRD-A502000

Last edited by mcbrems; 11-20-2009 at 07:25 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 11-11-2009, 03:09 AM
Sage Advanced User

SageMC Skip Fwd/Bkwd not working

Is anybody who is using SageMC on a Mac with an Apple and/or Harmony remote seeing this same issue? The default SageTV3 STV skips fwd/bkwd just fine. When I load in SageMC, the left and right buttons on my Apple and Harmony remote go dead in full-screen video playback. They work okay for menu nav, though. Kind of takes the fun right out skipping past commercials.

Anybody? Beuller? Beuller?

MB
Sony SXRD-A502000

Last edited by mcbrems; 11-20-2009 at 03:06 PM. Reason: loneliness
Old 11-20-2009, 05:56 PM
Sage Advanced User

I'm considering unlinking all of the default remote commands in detailed setup to create a blank slate. Then I would re-link just the apple remote and Harmony commands that I use - basically <^>v, skip fwd/rev, scan fwd/rev, pause, select (menu button), and top menu (menu button hold).

I'm sort of shooting in the dark here, since I assume that SageMC uses the same remote keyset that the default STV uses. Furthermore, I have no idea if and where SageMC layers over these commands with it's own set of keyset modifications.

Maybe I'll end up "jarring" something loose.

MB
Sony SXRD-A502000

Last edited by mcbrems; 11-20-2009 at 07:27 PM.
Old 11-20-2009, 07:58 PM
SageTVaholic

SageMC just uses the same listeners that the default STV uses. We do some different things once the listener is triggered, but it should still respond to the commands.

The only thing I know of that is different on a Mac is that the latest Java version is v1.5 (is this still true?), so you have to use the Java 1.5 version of the SageMC libraries that are included in a separate zip file in the SageMC download. I also don't know how this would affect the Phoenix api. I think it is compiled for Java 1.6, so that could be a problem. I'll have to check with stuckless on that one.

Are you running in service mode (does the Mac version have that?) or running the UI on a separate client? If so, can you post the applicable sage client debug log file? The one you posted didn't have any of the pertinent info in it.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 11-21-2009, 03:42 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
The only thing I know of that is different on a Mac is that the latest Java version is v1.5 (is this still true?)...
Actually, Java 1.6 is available for OSX, but last I knew it will only run in 64bit. Hence the Java 1.5 jars for 32bit mode in OSX provided by flachbar.

I will get you the debug logs you ask for as soon as I can.

Cheers,
MB
Sony SXRD-A502000
Old 11-21-2009, 02:12 PM
Sage Advanced User

Mahalo Mike,

Here are my debug logs. I closed Sage, stopped the server and cleared out the existing logs. I started up in the default STV, and skip fwd/rev worked fine. Then (in the same session) I went to setup and switched to SageMC_169.xml and immediately resumed playing the same video. Now skip didn't work.

I am running with the 32bit jars that flachbar provided for OSX. Not sure I understand the difference between running just Sage and a Sage client, but I included both logs.

Help me Obiwan, you're my only hope.

MB
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetv_0.txt (59.4 KB, 185 views)
File Type: txt sagetvclient_0.txt (258.2 KB, 186 views)
Sony SXRD-A502000
Old 11-22-2009, 08:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Well, this confirms that the phoenix api is incompatible with Java 1.5. I didn't see anything specific to the ff/rew issue, but I wouldn't be surprised if that has something to do with it. I'll have to check with stuckless to see if there are any dependencies in the phoenix api on Java 1.6 features. If there are, then we may be at an impasse.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 11-23-2009, 02:31 AM
Sage Advanced User

Did some poking about and found this link:

http://xandeuniz.wordpress.com/2009/...-snow-leopard/

Also confirmed in my Java prefs in Snow Leopard on my laptop that Java SE6 32bit is present as a choice, so Apple must have included it in one of their OSX updates..

The only reason I rolled back to Leopard on my HTPC Mini was that I couldn't get Sage running after installing Snow Leopard. As I understood at the time, Java 6 installed with Snow Leopard didn't support 32 bit apps.

So now this opens another option if I want to risk another shot at Sage with Snow Leopard.

Interested in knowing what turns up around the phoenix api slash Java 1.5 question.

Thanks,
Mark
Sony SXRD-A502000
Old 11-25-2009, 05:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Here are jars for the phoenix api and the sagex api (if you need it) that stuckless rebuilt for Java v1.5 compatibility. (Many thanks Sean!) Give them a shot and let me know how it goes. Thanks.

Aloha,
Mike
Attached Files
File Type: zip phoenix-JarOnly-20091124-2258.zip (295.0 KB, 159 views)
File Type: zip sagex.api.jar.zip (308.0 KB, 154 views)
Old 11-26-2009, 02:28 AM
Sage Advanced User

Wow. Blessed relief. I got my skip back! After your help I wish I could say it was the new sagex.api and phoenix Java 1.5 jars that did the trick, but (sorry) it wasn't. Infinite monkeys strike again. The critical factor was simply disabling Comskip here:

-Settings/SageMC Setup/Main/Screen Specific Options/Video OSD/Cursor Comskip (default enabled)

My experience is that SageMC installs with this setting enabled.

As for the 1.5 jars, I hope I installed them correctly. They were attached as .zip files. I assumed that I was supposed to delete the .zip extension and drop them into the Jars folder to replace the existing phoenix.jar and sagex.api.jar files. SageMC seemed to work fine after I did this and restarted. When I disabled Comskip and got my skip fwd/rev back, I shut down and restored the original jars to see whether my skip fwd/rev remained, and it did.

Is there any definite advantage to keeping the Java 1.5 jars installed?

Massive thanks on Thanksgiving.

Mark
Sony SXRD-A502000

Last edited by mcbrems; 11-26-2009 at 02:31 AM.
Old 11-26-2009, 11:49 AM
SageTVaholic

Actually the jar files are inside the zip files, so you'll need to extract them.

I just noticed that you are running SageMC v6.3.7a. You may want to update because SageTV v6.6 made some changes that introduced an incompatibility with older versions of SageMC. It causes many long lists to appear compressed so you can't read them. If you do update, then I think the v1.5 compatible phoenix.jar file is a must. Recent versions of SageMC depend on it. If you aren't noticing any problems, then it's probably best to leave well enough alone.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Aloha,
Mike
Old 01-13-2010, 08:52 AM
Sage User

People,

I had the same issue using SageMC on my new HD200. I'm using SageMC 6.9.3b because the formal 6.9.3a hosed the HD200 & the issue still exists. Many thanks Mcbrems for establishing that connection with Comskip. Not really intuitive is it? Don't know how you found it

KB
Old 01-13-2010, 12:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

I currently have a warehouse of monkeys attempting to type out the complete works of Shakespeare. We have one page so far.
Sony SXRD-A502000