SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 02-16-2010, 05:43 PM
Sage Icon

Favorites not working...

I use SageMC not sure if this is a SageMC issue or not...

Something is definitely weird with my Sage as of late. Last week and now this week I've been missing recordings that should be scheduled automatically, they have been favorites for some time... I have LOST scheduled as a favorite first runs only and it has always just worked. Last week I noticed that it wasnt scheduled, not sure why. I had to do a manual record to get it to record. This perplexed me at the time but thought not too much of it. Then we missed another favorite a few days ago and now I am watching my favorites like a hawk to see if they get scheduled properly. It is hit and miss... Odd thing is I don't get any kind of conflict notifications.

As for tonight, LOST will not show in the upcoming recordings naturally. I cancelled the series and tried re-adding it to see if it just had some kind of glitch. For some reason Sage will not add LOST to the upcoming recordings... When I added it manually finally I was given a resolved conflict icon. A different recording was bumped.

For some reason I'm not being notified when conflicts arise. How can I change this or possibly purge whatever logic has been instilled into the resolution measures?

Please help, I don't like the fact that recordings are going awry without notice.
Old 02-16-2010, 05:54 PM
SageTVaholic

There should be an option in sagemc to enable the conflict icon in the Main Menu. This should be enabled by default.

As far as the strange scheduling behavior goes, I think you should switch back to the default STV and verify that the behavior occurs with a completely stock setup and then open a support ticket with sage.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 02-16-2010, 06:11 PM
Sage Icon

Conflict notifications are enabled and have been. I do receive some notifications, but it seems like I don't receive them all the time... I'm wondering if either I or someone else enabled one of those global conflict resolutions and its automatically bumping Lost in favor of another favorite... Personally I don't see why my wife or I would give precedence to another favorite over Lost but who knows... Is there any way to dump the conflict resolution measures that may be trumping my favorites.

I'll try switching to the stock STV and see if it still is an issue.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:26 PM
SageTVaholic

I think that the global conflict resolution just reorders your favorites. Remember that the ones at the top of the list have precedence over those lower. So if you want to make sure Lost has the highest priority, move it to the top of the list. Note that manual recordings always trump favorites.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 02-18-2010, 12:29 AM
Sage User

I'm noticing the same problem. To troubleshoot, I went to the default STV, and I still see the behavior. So don't think this is SageMC specific. As an example, I wanted to record the series of the Olympics. For some reason, it doesn't record the primetime 8pm showing. But it does record others. It missed Lost this week entirely. Something is off, just not sure what it is. It's almost as if the guide data is somehow flawed (possibly on only certain shows?)
Old 02-18-2010, 03:36 AM
Sage Fanatic

I also missed lost this week. I did a search for lost and found it next week and it also was not scheduled to be recorded. I checked the favorite and it looks fine. Not quite sure what is going on.
Old 02-18-2010, 05:39 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
I think that the global conflict resolution just reorders your favorites. Remember that the ones at the top of the list have precedence over those lower. So if you want to make sure Lost has the highest priority, move it to the top of the list. Note that manual recordings always trump favorites.

Aloha,
Mike
Lost and a few other very important favorites have always been in the top 5 of my favorite queue, so that should never have been an issue.

We'll see for next weeks airing of Lost whether the default STV can pick up this first run naturally or not... I hope Sage properly detects the next airing.
Old 02-22-2010, 04:14 PM
Sage Icon

I just checked in both the default STV and SageMC for the presence of Lost on the upcoming recording schedule. For whatever reason it is not showing in either location. In SageMC I noticed that the little record icon that is normally a red icon is actually a grey icon... What does the color of this icon stipulate?

I'll post an official support request too. I am not sure what is going on. Lost should be recording just fine.

Any ideas??
Old 02-22-2010, 04:22 PM
Sage Fanatic

Same here. Looked ahead and the icon was grey. I just scheduled it as a manual recording till I have more time to figure out what is going on.
Old 02-22-2010, 05:06 PM
SageTVaholic

The grey icon means that the series is a favorite, but sage has not scheduled that particular airing to be recorded.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 02-22-2010, 08:57 PM
Sage Advanced User

For the record, I'm having the same problem.

Specifically Lost and 24. If I delete the favorite and re-add it, then it comes up in the schedule.

I will post back next week and let you folks know if it sticks.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:59 AM
Sage Icon

Another favorite I just realized that has been getting skipped is Family Guy. I'm at a loss here. Confidence in the recording of favorites is waning as well as WAF.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Have you been through the checklist in the FAQ?
Old 04-15-2010, 08:33 AM
Sage User

Resolution?

Was there a resolution to this issue? I am having this problem.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:42 AM
Sage Icon

My problem was fixed by adding another tuner. I was missing my episode of Lost since Sage looked ahead and recognized that the episode will be re-run prior to the new episode the next week. So, Sage was trying to make sure that all of my concurrent recordings were getting captured despite that I really wanted Lost to record over the other stuff... Now it's working perfectly again. It did bug me that no notification/conflicts were ever triggered. It just went about silently and unless I was vigilant enough to catch it I would be non the wiser and always 1 week behind on my Lost addition!