SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 03-23-2010, 09:19 AM
Sage User

Crashing UI

Hi, I'm running version 6.6.2.218 and I have 2 HD PVRs and 2 hauppauge 150s. Whenever I watcha an HD recording for more than 30 minutes, the UI crashes. At the end when I try to delete the show I'm watching, I get the spinning circle and I'm unable to stop the sagetvservice.exe with the task manager. I end up with 40 gb recordings as shows being taped at the moment do not stop recording. I'm forced to reboot and power cycle my HD PVRs to get functional again.

Anyone have an idea why this is happening or how to fix it?
Old 03-23-2010, 11:23 AM
Sage Icon

OS?
Video Card? Latest Driver?
Codecs used for playback?
Recently changed hardware.
Do you have anther drive you could record to for testing?
Has it ever worked well?

Assuming it worked before I would do a reinstall in place and over the current install. If that didn't work copy the SageTV directory somewhere and do a clean install and setup the tuners again and see if it works. You can transfer the Wiz.bin to the new setup if necessary.
Old 03-23-2010, 11:58 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick25 View Post
Hi, I'm running version 6.6.2.218 and I have 2 HD PVRs and 2 hauppauge 150s. Whenever I watcha an HD recording for more than 30 minutes, the UI crashes. At the end when I try to delete the show I'm watching, I get the spinning circle and I'm unable to stop the sagetvservice.exe with the task manager. I end up with 40 gb recordings as shows being taped at the moment do not stop recording. I'm forced to reboot and power cycle my HD PVRs to get functional again.

Anyone have an idea why this is happening or how to fix it?

I will bet your HD-PVR USB Controller has the CPU maxed out at 100%, try a PCI or PCIe USB controller card for you HD-PVR.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:04 PM
Sage User

SWKerr, you're right. Re-reading my post and I did leave a lot of info out. When I get home I'll gather all this info.

jerryt, I've never been able to get my 2 HD PVRs to run well. Before, when watching an HD show I would frequently get the capture card error and would have to constantly click ok while watching my show. That problem has disappeared and has been replaced by this behavior. I guess, it's the same problem except the pop up is no longer there. I'll pick up a USB PCI card and see if that's the problem.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:51 PM
Sage Icon

Special: Free Shipping plus $3 discount. $12
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16815104216

Added this when I started having problems about a month ago. Installed. Plugged in HD-PVRs. Done. Worked perfectly since. Money well spent.
Old 04-13-2010, 12:37 PM
Sage User

Thanks for the advice. I bought the USB controller you recommended and for the past week I've had no problems with the UI. I have a few HD recordings being split every now and then but when playing back I don't notice.

Finally have my setup working as it should!