SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 05-21-2010, 09:29 AM
SageTVaholic

We're watching Farscape via Netflix - I put them in with the recorded TV via BMT.

btl.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:42 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinki View Post
Right. Did that.

Perhaps it's not using the Phoenix fan art? Do I have to do something special to get it to use the Phoenix fan art instead of the images I previously had? Also, the image above the title, description, etc doesn't show up. Thanks for the help.
Sounds like it isn't getting any of the phoenix fanart - you can check in Setup -> Detailed Setup -> Customize -> Phoenix Central Fanart Folder and see what it has listed (and make sure it's pointing at your central folder).

btl.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:02 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
Sounds like it isn't getting any of the phoenix fanart - you can check in Setup -> Detailed Setup -> Customize -> Phoenix Central Fanart Folder and see what it has listed (and make sure it's pointing at your central folder).

btl.
I've never used Phoenix before and installed it using the Plugin manager. I'm using the default settings as provided with the install. I'm not sure where the Central Fanart folder should be. Do I need to be scale the images?
Old 05-21-2010, 10:05 AM
SageTVaholic

If you don't have phoenix images already, then you have a little work in front of you

The first thing you should do is install the Metadata Tools. It'll give you the interface required to fetch fanart and store it. You'll need to find the threads for BMT (what it's called sometimes) for help getting all that going.

Then, once you have a central fanart folder set up, you can specify it's location in the UI and you should be in business. If you are using an extender I'd recomened scaling the images, but it's not a requirement.

btl.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:12 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
If you don't have phoenix images already, then you have a little work in front of you

The first thing you should do is install the Metadata Tools. It'll give you the interface required to fetch fanart and store it. You'll need to find the threads for BMT (what it's called sometimes) for help getting all that going.
Ah okay.. Thought it seemed a bit too easy!
Old 05-21-2010, 04:46 PM
Sage User

Hi,

I've tried to install this and it's not working. Can you give a newbie some assistance?

I first went to plugins and installed the Phoenix Fanart STVI

I then went to detailed setup -> advanced, and imported the stvi. It asked "are you sure you want to do this?" and I selected yes.

That is where I am at now. The videos in my videos folder still have the default screen capture. I'm not getting any IMDB of fanart.

Thanks.
Old 05-21-2010, 05:11 PM
Sage Icon

You'll have to get the fanart for it, it doesn't pull that down automatically. You can use BMT for that if it's imported videos though (add the BMT plugin and the BMT web plugins, and that should do if it you do a full rescan).

You don't import the STVI either, just install the plugin and it does it for you.
Old 05-21-2010, 06:03 PM
Sage User

Hi,

I'm looking for some documentation on BMT, but so far it's all for people who already know how it works. Can someone point me to an article on how to set it up?

Also, is there a way to do IMDB lookups with installing a web server and running batch files? Something like in XBMC where you get a cover image and a description? I ready don't want backgrounds and fan images. I just want IMDB.

Thanks. I'd really like to get this working
Old 05-21-2010, 06:24 PM
Sage Aficionado

How to update an already installed STVi

Two questions:

1. What is the exact name of the folder that should be created for the Fanart?

2. I installed the Phoenix Fanart STVi earlier today so how do I update it to the latest?

Thanks

PC: W7 32bit, Intel Q9550 2.83 Quad, 4GB DRAM
Cap Devices: Colosuss+UIRT+Cable STB; HDHR QAM+OTA, USB MediaSonic (6TB)
Network Players: HD200, (2) HD300s
Viewing: Samsung 55" 8000, Sony 50" and HP 37"
The more complicated it is the more likely it will break!
Old 05-21-2010, 09:38 PM
Sage User

I got it to work. I needed to install sage as a service to get BMT run. After that it wasn't too bad.

What a great plugin for the video section. what an improvement! Thanks.

If I might make one suggestion, in the video details page, I think a DVD cover would be better than a screen capture.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

why the hell is all dvd covers so small? I'm at work right now but it shows the dvd cover as such a small percentage of the screen.

am I the only one?
Old 05-22-2010, 04:36 AM
SageTVaholic

bialo,

I am just beginning to play with this and found two bugs:

1. The LastItemProcessed attribute in the Scale Phoenix Backgrounds panel is unititialized.

2. The PhoenixImage attribute in the AutoSizeArea panel is unititialized.

Also, do you plan on supporting fanart for the malore menus?

Thanks,

Tom

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 05-22-2010, 07:15 AM
SageTVaholic

I'm not sure I'd consider those bugs.... phoenixImage gets initialized before it's used, and LastItemProcessed is only used for comparisons (so null is fine).

When the Malore menu's are updated for v7 I'll look at adding them in. I don't want to do it twice.

btl.
Old 05-22-2010, 08:45 AM
SageTVaholic

bialio,

When I run the import with Studio opens it halts with an error. I do not mean to be "nitpicky" because I know how much effort goes into these STVi's, but that really needs to get fixed

One more thing I noticed. When you select the central fanart folder and it's on the network, the properties file does not get set right. It ends up with:

smb\://SERVER/Path/

I couldn't get this to work on my SageClient without editing the property to look like this:

\\\\SERVER\\Path\\

Again, I appreciate the work.

Tom

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 05-22-2010, 10:27 AM
Sage User

Awesome plugin! Fanart was my favorite addon for V6 so I'm glad to see it's made the transition to V7 so nicely. One problem I'm having is getting the grid view to work...apparently my issue is with the way my folders are setup. I create a folder for each movie(originally to keep fanart seperate before the central folder was implemented...now it's just that way to keep the comskip files seperate). This wasn't an issue with SageMC as there was an option to treat folders with only one item as just that item. That's not happening in V7 with the plugin, so with the 3x5 setup I have no text inside the folders...but still have text on the folders. Also adds one click to each select...but that's not related to the plugin. I may just need to move my files out of the folders I guess...figured I'd let you know though incase anyone else has a similar setup.
Old 05-22-2010, 11:42 AM
SageTVaholic

I'm not sure what to say Tom - it imports fine for me, although installing the Plugin doesn't actually require importing. But in studio I don't have a problem importing it - just make sure you disable that plugin before trying to import, since I'm not sure what would happen in that case......

Are you using linux for anything? That's the only place i've ever seen smb:// as a path prefex. When I set the path it uses the \\server\share notation....

btl.
Old 05-22-2010, 01:10 PM
SageTVaholic

bialio,

In Studio, look under Tools. Check "Notify On Errors". If it's already checked, uncheck it, then recheck it. (This resets it because if it was set, and you had an error and pressed "continue, hide errors" it needs to be reset.)

ANY Attribute that is not initialized (even setting it to null) will cause an error in Studio. When I say "initialized", I mean open the property editor for the Attribute and put something in the Value field. If the Value field is empty you will get an error when Studio loads the Attribute.

The smb thing was probably caused when I first tried to setup the plugin on my linux test machine.....

Old 05-22-2010, 01:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Still don't see any errors when importing.

I understand what you are saying about being initialized - both of those Attribute widgets are defined without a initial value.

Is this plugin not working for you? Just curious....

btl.
Old 05-22-2010, 01:20 PM
SageTVaholic

OK - I see one now - doesn't have trouble on the import for me but once I navigate to a screen with fanart it complains.

I'll give them default values for the next release, but I still don't seem to see any negative effect from this (it still works right?)

btl.
Old 05-22-2010, 01:34 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
OK - I see one now - doesn't have trouble on the import for me but once I navigate to a screen with fanart it complains.

I'll give them default values for the next release, but I still don't seem to see any negative effect from this (it still works right?)

btl.
I haven't ever seen any negative effects but it is right anD better to set a value so you don't get studio erros. Just like in java you need a value when initialsing even if it is null.