SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 06-09-2010, 03:10 PM

Question Updated FireFly remote profile?

Greetings! I am a long time (~ 6 year) user of BeyondTV, and I am just about ready to switch to SageTV, which so far has a much cleaner, slicker interface (at least the Beta 7 version I am playing with!).

I have searched the forums, but I'm struggling with getting my FireFly RF remote (freebie from SnapStream) to work properly. *MOST* of the things work OK, but a couple (notably, Menu and Exit) don't work correctly, although they seem to be mapped to the proper keystroke commands. I have tried getting help from SnapStream, but they have all but abandoned their consumer users.

I have 3 of these remotes, and getting them to work properly is about all that is stopping me from pulling the trigger!! Is there anyone who is using SageTV with a FireFly remote that would be kind enough to share their SageTV profile with me? (Or, at least point me in the right direction??)

Thanks!
Old 06-10-2010, 07:51 AM

I would help you but my FireFly remote die a long time a go
I really wish SageTV would sell all in one Remote package using HD200 Remote
But can get eventhing to replace that remote

Last edited by SHS; 06-10-2010 at 08:06 AM.
Old 06-11-2010, 12:00 AM

I dont have one to send you (that harddrive is not in my pc right now) but I have followed these instructions before and used the firefly with sage. There is an existing but old sage profile that gets installed with the firefly. I just changed the exit button from esc to alt-left (i think it is %{left}) and the options key to {esc} and saved it with a new name.

http://snapstream.helpserve.com/inde...d=1419&nav=0,4
Old 06-11-2010, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E_D_Beale View Post
I dont have one to send you (that harddrive is not in my pc right now) but I have followed these instructions before and used the firefly with sage. There is an existing but old sage profile that gets installed with the firefly. I just changed the exit button from esc to alt-left (i think it is %{left}) and the options key to {esc} and saved it with a new name.

http://snapstream.helpserve.com/inde...d=1419&nav=0,4
you may have to update the class name and/or window text fields as well..the app identifier will give you those values.
Old 06-11-2010, 05:52 AM
Sage Icon

I would get LM Remote. You can easily customize it to control anything you want exactly how you want it to behave. With the donaters version you can just download a SageTV profile instead of building you own.

I have also used EventGhost in the past with the Firefly and it will work but has its limitations and is harder to control.

The benefit of somethi like LM Remote is complete control in Sage but also the ability to control other programs like XBMC, MCE or the Hulu Desktop. I can launch and control all these apps with my remote.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:32 AM

I have modified the initial SageTV profile for Firefly (RF version) that works pretty well. I'll attach it here in case it can help anyone else!
Attached Files
File Type: zip sage7.zip (823 Bytes, 403 views)
Old 03-08-2011, 04:53 PM
Sage Aficionado

homeyfour
Where or how do I use this code? I have the firefly hooked up but did not install any software for it. Do I need to install the firefly software?
Thanks
Wayne
GIGABYTE B560 HD3 MB | Intel I5 6 core CPU | 500 GB WD SSD system drive | (2) 2TB Western Digital SSD drives pooled | 16 GB DDR ram | UHD 630 on board graphics| Win 10 64 bit | SageTV 9 | (5) Sage HD TV extenders | (1) HDHomeRun quad tuner HD OTA | (1) HDHomeRun Dual tuner HD OTA | (2) 1512 HD-PVR2s recording from 2 Dish Network VIP 211K's with Uirt ir control | MX-700 Home theater remote | 60" LED TV | (4) 32" Lcd TV's

Tags
firefly, remote