SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 10-24-2010, 10:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Dummy proof instructions to get iso's to show up in video imports

I installed the latest by Slysoft CloneDrive, made sure I have in my sageTV.properties file.

seeker/video_library_import_filename_extensions=.mpg,.mpeg,.mp2,.mpeg2,.mpe,
.avi,.divx,.mpg1,.ts,.wmv,.asf,.wm,.tivo,.m2t,.vob,.flv,.mp4,.mov,.trp,.m4v,.ogm,.3gp,
.mkv,.dvr-ms,.m2ts,.mts,.tp,.iso

And, even added the logical drive letter for the virtual drive that Slysoft Clonedrive mounts to when an ISO is mounted to sageTV's import directories.

Ripped blurays directories playback fine.

I even tried putting sageTVservice to run as the same userID as what the Slysoft Clonedrive service runs on.

For some reason, when I put an ISO anywhere in the import folders and scan for new media, its not picked up.

I dont have any problems with any other media file extensions specified under seeker/video_library_import_filename_extensions

I know this used to work with older builds of SageTV 7, but for some reason it stopped working. The only thing I can think of is I disabled the sageTV demux.. which I dont think has anything to do with this issue.

Am I missing something very obvious? Maybe I did too much to make this work, and some of the steps werent necessary.

I did try to force playback of the file anyway via sagemc's file browser, but got the attached error message.

BTW, I've tried both sageTV 7 and sageMC stv's whatever the issue is, it doesnt sound like its STV related.

I dont have any issues with double-clicking an ISO, and it automatically mounting to drive F: (which is a sageTV import folder looking for videos... no different than the physical bluray drives which work fine).

Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated. I did sent a message to the sageTV beta email, but not sure if I'm missing something really obvious or there's something just broken.

Any useful suggestions would really be appreciated.

Thanks so much,
Michael
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot-1181.jpg (67.4 KB, 275 views)

***RIP SageTV***
Old 10-25-2010, 07:44 AM
Sage Advanced User

how many virtual drives have you created?

do you have both dvds and bds in iso format?
Old 10-25-2010, 08:04 AM
SageTVaholic

I figured out the problem. I'm not sure how many people know this.. but it's news to me.

Apparently, if you have the sageTV demux disabled, ISO detection will stop working.

As soon as I re-enabled the demux, all the ISOs were detected and were able to be played back.

The only problem is even with the 21 build, the sageTV demux can't playback MKVs with H.264 streams correctly; nor bluray discs/ISOs with DTS-MA. The demux should convert DTS-MA to DTS IIRC. I already sent all my debug logs while trying to play DTS-MA via the sageTV demux; and, also requesting a way to detect ISO files without having to re-enable the sageTV demux; until the sageTV demux is fully working for these formats.

I'm guessing, the demux does work for some people to convert DTS-MA to DTS, but it doesnt for me. I thought the only thing I had to do was toggle the EnableSageTVStreamDemux registry setting between 1 and 0 (restarting sageTV after each change). Maybe there's more to getting the sagetV demux working correctly. I'll have to see what sageTV beta support says about it.

At least I know what was causing ISO's not to be detected in video imports when doing a rescan for new files.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 10-30-2010, 10:13 PM
Sage Advanced User

What's the verdict? I noticed that it appeared that sage stopped recognizing some new isos but was too busy testing the new DTS-MA ->DTS fix to really investigate.
Old 10-31-2010, 01:16 AM
SageTVaholic

Oh I forgot to post after the problem went away for good. I thought it was somehow related to the sageTV demux (enabling/disabling it via EnableSageTVStreamDemux in the registry) since after I disabled the demux again, ISO detection started working around the same time. But, sageTV support said the demux has nothing to do with ISO file detection. So, I'm not sure what could have got it working again. I guess you could try toggling the demux on/off and restarting sageTV/your PC. Sorry, I don't have anything else to suggest.

BTW, Detecting ISOs and playing them is quick and works great for me now; including downconverting DTA-MA ->DTS & TrueHD ->AC3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxnelson View Post
What's the verdict? I noticed that it appeared that sage stopped recognizing some new isos but was too busy testing the new DTS-MA ->DTS fix to really investigate.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 12-31-2013, 09:14 AM
Sage User

I was having a similar problem with SageTV not detecting any ISO files. It turns out the problem was resolved on my system (Windows XP) by installing a UDF 2.5 driver, by following these instructions:

https://forum.slysoft.com/showthread...-drivers-in-XP

Hope that helps!