SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 11-05-2010, 07:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

Sage 7.23 Service Connection Lost

About every hour our so SageTV service looses connection with my extender and if its running on the server. The service shows as still being enabled but stoped. I have to restart the service and everything works fine until it does it again. I have not been on watching a movie when it has happened yet so do not know if it will loose connection during use
Old 11-06-2010, 02:30 PM
Sage User

Same issue here. This is definitely behavior that was not happening with v7.21. Nothing in log. No indication of why the service is stopping. first noticed last night on 7.22 that recordings were stopping with out indication, log or system event.

Early observation: I have 3 HD-PVRs and when recording to the 3 devices, if I stop one, the service stops. Will try to get something meaningful in log but seems like a bug to me.
Old 11-07-2010, 03:28 AM
Sage User

Ditto with the service stopping. Started acting weird 3 times here tonight. 1 HDPVR here. On 7.21, now the service won't even start.

Its set to Automatic, but when I checked after a re-start it doesn't start.

When I manually try it, I get a;

Windows could not start the SageTV service on Local Computer
Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely manner.

Then I notice the program in the system tray, after exiting the program there, re-attempting to start the service worked.

Was just watching a recorded program on a HD100 when the screen went black is when it happened.
Old 11-11-2010, 04:13 PM
Sage User

Well, my issue is solved, the boot drive failed. After installing Win 7 and Sage, so far so good.
Old 11-28-2010, 08:43 PM
Sage User

Service Lost at Wake Up from Standby

The issue I am having is everytime the PC wakes from sleep it immediately shows a screen detailing that "the service has been lost and must be reconnected". Is this normal, I didn't see this issue in version 6.6. The service does restart and never disconnects so this is not the exact same issue as was detailed in the original post.

Does anyone have a solution to share for this nuisance concern?