SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 03-10-2011, 06:59 PM
Sage

Season/Episode Numbers with 7.1.3

For those of you that installed 7.1.3 and where relying on season/episode numbers from plugins, you likely noticed that they were broken in 7.1.3.

We now have 7.1.4 out which should fix this....but there may be extra steps involved in getting them back for those of you that used 7.1.3. So if you did use 7.1.3, and then upgraded to 7.1.4 and they're not there; try these things to fix it:

A) If you did not disable generating the .properties files for MediaFiles when there data is changed by a plugin; then you can simply go into Detailed Setup->Advanced and select Rescan Library and it will then fix the data

B) If you do have .properties file generation disabled then you have 2 options:

1) Revert your Wiz.bin file to the backup that SageTV automatically created when you first ran 7.1.3, the only thing you'd lose is any watched information or favorite modifications that occurred since you installed 7.1.3 (recordings information would be preserved due to the metadata being embedded in the files).

2) Doing 'A' above may also fix it; but I'd need confirmation from the developer of BMT to know exactly if that will cause it to look up all the season/episode number information again or not....basically BMT would need to repair the information for you since it would have been removed from the database as part of executing 7.1.3.
Old 03-10-2011, 07:37 PM
SageTVaholic

For BMT, if there are existing properties, then bmt will not perform an automatic update on the file, since it will assume that you already have metadata.

If you haven't updated to 7.1.13, AND you don't have .properties files, then you can use bmt to generate them as well. Tools -> Export .properties. this may take a few minutes. But then when you update to 7.1.14, following Jeff's instructions, you'll have a set .properties that the forced refresh will use to re-populate the metadata.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:46 AM
Sage Icon

So if we didn't upgrade to 7.1.3 do we need to do anything special before upgrading to 7.1.4?
Check out TVExplorer
Old 03-11-2011, 07:28 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
So if we didn't upgrade to 7.1.3 do we need to do anything special before upgrading to 7.1.4?
I think that you'll still need to rescan your data files (preferably with .properties files lying around).

The reason is basically the that while the Season and Episode data exists (in the custom metadata fields) calls to read that data only look new internal fields.

The rescanning the library really is just a way to "reload" your metadata from the .properties. Since SeasonNumber and EpisodeNumber would have been stored in the .properties, then when it is reloaded, it will re-populate the SeasonNumber and EpisodeNumber based on the those values.

If you don't have .properties lying around, then you can export them using the bmt web interface.

Unfortunately, there is nothing that I can do from the bmt side, since the native sagetv apis don't allow me to read explicitly from the custom metadata fields (ie, same api GetMediaFileMetadata is used to read metadata, I don't tell it where to read from), so, I can't write a batch tool to repopulate from the custom fields, etc, or else I would.

Moving forward, any newly scanned files should update ok. Unfortunately, I haven't had time to test this new 7.1.4 build, so I can't confirm if it's working or not.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:33 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Is there or will there be an option to add the season and episode numbers into the name of the recorded files?
Old 03-11-2011, 08:00 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
I think that you'll still need to rescan your data files (preferably with .properties files lying around).
makes sense... So the full proof upgrade path looks like use bmt to export property files, upgrade to 7.1.4, do a library import scan. That should also fix up sage recordings as well correct (not just imported files)?
Check out TVExplorer
Old 03-11-2011, 08:04 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
makes sense... So the full proof upgrade path looks like use bmt to export property files, upgrade to 7.1.4, do a library import scan. That should also fix up sage recordings as well correct (not just imported files)?
In theory, yes. I haven't tried this myself, yet
Old 03-11-2011, 08:08 AM
SageTVaholic

Just and FYI... I am currently looking into writing a batch .properties importer for bmt as well, but this won't be ready until the end of the weekend.

Once that is done, you can simply export .properties for your recordings/tv shows, and then do the upgrade, and then run the .properties importer to load back the data.

This is similar to what Jeff is having your do... but in Jeff's case it will force a rescan of ALL files, music, videos, recordings, etc, whereas the .properties importer will only do it for the files in a given BMT view.
Old 03-11-2011, 01:46 PM
Sage Icon

Just an FYI on a bug submission I've done.

When installing 7.1.4 it determined all the wiz.bins I threw at it to be corrupt, and started with a fresh one. Had this reply
Quote:
.... it's fixed for the next build. The wiz.bin file wasn't actually corrupt; there was an error when loading it due to the fix for trying to consolidate season/episode number information.
John
Old 03-11-2011, 07:41 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi View Post
Just an FYI on a bug submission I've done.

When installing 7.1.4 it determined all the wiz.bins I threw at it to be corrupt, and started with a fresh one. Had this reply
John
sounds like i might just hold off until 7.1.5 then....
Check out TVExplorer
Old 03-11-2011, 08:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
sounds like i might just hold off until 7.1.5 then....
They released the jar that fixes it.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:45 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
They released the jar that fixes it.
that's what i get for not reading before posting.... how do i love the sage dev team
Check out TVExplorer