SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Phoenix
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Phoenix This forum is for discussing the user-created Phoenix custom interface for SageTV.

Old 04-27-2011, 08:02 AM
SageTVaholic

I think everyone in the private beta has been on this thread, so just posting a note so you'll know that there's a new release of phoenix out - 312.

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55384

btl.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:30 AM
SageTVaholic

FYI - v 313 is available for download.

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55768
Old 05-26-2011, 08:50 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
FYI - v 313 is available for download.

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55768
Is it possible to get a list of everything fixed in this release?
Old 06-21-2011, 06:17 PM
Sage Advanced User

I've only been using Phoenix for about 30 seconds, but one thing I can't live without is the ability to watch a trailer of a movie before I actually watch it. If it's a movie I have never heard of, it helps to get an idea of what it's about.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Malore is all my kids know how to use... ;-)

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 06-22-2011, 06:04 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Malore is all my kids know how to use... ;-)
But they are kids...they're easily (re-)trainable
Old 06-22-2011, 01:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

First, before I mention any "short-comings", I have to say how beautiful and responsive this STV is. It is an amazing project that I cannot even begin to understand the amount of work it has required. Thank you!

As for things I miss:
1. Music: Could "play lists" be added as a choice to the Landing Zone along with Album, Song and Artist? Phoenix can access the play lists through the menu browser, but a direct link from the Landing Zone would increase WAF in my home SIGNIFICANTLY!
2. Jump to Letter function in Video and TV listings.
3. Saving of sort functions for different views. I have changed the View Presentation Customization from false to true, so Phoenix remembers how I left a menu, but this seems to have a bug. I have two of the TV menus set-up where one has shows sorted by title, and the second by date. The sort by title menu stays sorted correctly. However, the sort by date menu only stays correctly sorted until I turn off my HD200. When I restart, it reverts to sorting by title.
4. Delete function for entire folders. If I have TV shows grouped by title, Burn Notice as an example, if I highlight the top level Burn Notice banner and press the delete key on the remote, nothing happens. Once I drill to an individual show, I can delete it. This makes deleting multiple shows cumbersome. I love the option to delete all shows or all watched shows.
5. Home Videos folder location to be recognized over all viewing locations. I entered the Home Video folder location at my server, but this was not applied to my extenders. Since my folder is a URL file location and my extender remote could not enter \\ characters, I had to copy and paste the location directly into the property file for the extender.
6. Home Video folder recognize folder structure. I have my home videos stored in folders labled for the event the video comes from. I do not have each video named with meaningful names. Since Phoenix strips everything out of subfolders and lumps them into one string of media files, I can't find specific home videos.
7. Filters to function in the video browser. The list of available filters is very impressive in the video browser, but nothing happens when I select one. Probably something I am doing wrong.
8. Music needs to continue to play when returning to the Landing Zone. I understand the reason for returning to the stock STV to select and queue music, but I am surprised that when I return to Phoenix, music stops.

Again, thanks so much for the hard work and the incredible job you guys are doing on this STV. I am running it on not only an HD200, but also an old HD100. Diamond brings the HD100 to its knees, but Phoenix soars!

Steve
Old 06-22-2011, 01:46 PM
SageTVaholic

1. Should be doable.
2. I'm not sure we'll have this in the UMB or not. It largely depends on how you have a view sorted for the alpha-jumping to make sense. There are a couple of other ways to jump around - have you seen those?
3. The sorting is sticky on the view - so if you are using two different views it should work. if you have two different ways of accessing the same view then I suspect it would not work.....
4. There are a few places where you can delete an entire folder, but they aren't from the delete key on the remote (yet).
5. I never had to do this - I only entered my home video location on the server and all the extenders picked it up automatically.
6. The Home Video menu item on the landing zone under Memories is just a view that pulls in Home videos, flattens, then groups by year / month. You can make your own home video view that shows your folder structure - there are examples of that sprinkled out through this forum.
7. The filters aren't working just yet, but they'll get there soon.
8. This is not something we can fix until we support music, which of course means we won't have to fix it then When you switch back to Phoenix from the default UI the sage core (which is basically seeing a new STV loaded) goes and stops all media playback - music, video, whatever.

btl.
Old 06-22-2011, 01:54 PM
Sage Icon

Brian, for number 2 above, I had an idea for a way to do this in a view. It wouldn't be a letter bar but grouping by substring. While not ideal it could work nicely. I spoke a bit with Sean about this and did log the feature request. Not pressing but it could be a way to offer a letter barish like view...
Old 06-22-2011, 03:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

Great work guys.

Now that I've got a little one joining my family in the next few days, I'm parental-focused.

Would it be possible to add password protection to a view or menu?

Keep up the great work!
Software: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit ♠ SageTV v9.0.12.504 ♠ Java 1.8.0_111
Clients: 4 x STX-HD300 ♠ 3 x STX-HD200 ♠ MacOS Placeshifter
Old 06-22-2011, 03:58 PM
Sage Icon

As far as I know there are no passwords... You could have menus with vfs's that remain hidden and then you could unhide them when you wanted them... A bit of a workaround but not too terribly bad.
Old 06-22-2011, 08:29 PM
Sage Icon

This isn't on you guys, but I'm missing the SJQ GUI in Phoenix.
Old 06-23-2011, 05:51 AM
Sage Icon

Took some time to play with this yesterday. Looks good but still to much functionality missing to go full time with it for the family.

I know you are not doing much with music right now but playlists from the main menu would be helpful. Maybe I missed it but the only way I could find to get them was from the options menu once I selected on of the other music menus.

Retired SageTV in favor of Plex\Emby and YouTubeTV.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:06 AM
Sage User

A couple (non major) things I would like to see from phoenix:

1. Ability to turn off fanart while browsing (selecting a movie would still bring up fanart and play options as it currently does).

2. Ability to change color tones. I really like the serenity theme, but I am not a fan of the orange highlighting color. I could use the default theme, but I do not really like the solid top bar; I prefer the translucency of the serenity skin.

3. In some movies hitting left or right arrow moves back or forward 5 minutes. Other movies are closer to ten minutes. I am not really sure how phoenix decides the length to move, but perhaps an option to select fixed amounts of time to skip would be good.

4. In diamond, in certain views, I can select which letter of the alphabet to jump to. Something similar would be nice in phoenix.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:02 PM
Sage Advanced User

Normally this wouldnt be something I would consider a must have option, but

XML EPG Data

Is this something even remotely on anyone radar now that Sage may be going the way of analog tv?
Old 06-23-2011, 10:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by loomdog32 View Post
Normally this wouldnt be something I would consider a must have option, but

XML EPG Data

Is this something even remotely on anyone radar now that Sage may be going the way of analog tv?
Not a Phoenix specific item (this IS a phoenix thread), but XML data is already covered pretty well. It is all anyone outside of the US/Canada uses, afterall. It really isn't THAT difficult. There is a utility that grabs the data from MCE's servers (MC2XML), and puts that in an XML file. then, there's a utility that imports that data into a sagetv lineup (XMLTV Import Tool)

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 06-24-2011, 06:42 PM
Sage Advanced User

Button Shorcuts

I would like the default button action like in the default STV. RecoredTV, LiveTV are big for me.
Old 06-24-2011, 07:03 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWKerr View Post
Took some time to play with this yesterday. Looks good but still to much functionality missing to go full time with it for the family.

I know you are not doing much with music right now but playlists from the main menu would be helpful. Maybe I missed it but the only way I could find to get them was from the options menu once I selected on of the other music menus.
So I think the purpose of this thread is to pull out of the community what is vital to their sage experience that must be in Phoenix in order for them to use t "full time"

What is missing for you that makes it not a full time candidate? I have been using Phoenix full time on all 5 extenders for a few months now and hadn't come across anything that is absolutely vital to my sage viewing experience.

So I'm just really more curious than anything...I'm just a private beta tester after all :-)
Old 06-24-2011, 07:17 PM
Sage Icon

It would be nice if the delete button worked.
Old 06-25-2011, 12:09 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Not a Phoenix specific item (this IS a phoenix thread), but XML data is already covered pretty well. It is all anyone outside of the US/Canada uses, afterall. It really isn't THAT difficult. There is a utility that grabs the data from MCE's servers (MC2XML), and puts that in an XML file. then, there's a utility that imports that data into a sagetv lineup (XMLTV Import Tool)
Per the thread title, this is a "Missing functionally (ie: not in Phoenix) That is important to me".

I am going to assume by this reply, that NO. It is not on anyones radar (except as a SEPARATE plugin).