SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 05-24-2011, 07:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

Can't figure out error message

I've been having a bunch of problems with my art not loading since I switched to the new beta and updated all my plugins. I've started getting a system message every time Sage starts and I'm wondering if it might have something to do with it.
'Phoenix Error - Error in VFS File:.\STVs\Phoenix\vfs\vfs.xml; Failed to find class instance for factory for sagex.phoenix.vfs.sources.PlaylistSourceFactory'
I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling my BMT and Phoenix plugs several times but no luck. I can't even figure out what would cleanly reinstall that .xml file. (I tried copying it out of the folder, reinstalling the plugins, but none replaced that file. Where does it even come from?)
Anyone have any ideas what is causing that message and hopefully how to fix it? And would it have anything to do with fanart not appearing? Thanks for any help!

Last edited by lucasbuck; 05-24-2011 at 07:35 PM.
Old 05-24-2011, 07:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucasbuck View Post
I've been having a bunch of problems with my art not loading since I switched to the new beta and updated all my plugins. I've started getting a system message every time Sage starts and I'm wondering if it might have something to do with it.
'Phoenix Error - Error in VFS File:.\STVs\Phoenix\vfs\vfs.xml; Failed to find class instance for factory for sagex.phoenix.vfs.sources.PlaylistSourceFactory'
I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling my BMT and Phoenix plugs several times but no luck. I can't even figure out what would cleanly reinstall that .xml file. (I tried copying it out of the folder, reinstalling the plugins, but none replaced that file. Where does it even come from?)
Anyone have any ideas what is causing that message and hopefully how to fix it? And would it have anything to do with fanart not appearing? Thanks for any help!
While that error doesn't have anything specifically to do with fanart, the fact that you getting it may indicate that your jars are not correct. Make sure that you have the latest phoenix-core and phoenix-api installed, since that class was defined in there from many versions back. Either phoenix-api.jar does not exist in the jars area, OR, somehow sagetv is extracting the wrong version of phoenix-api.jar.

If you cannot resolve this, then i'd do the following.
1. Remove BMT
2. Remove phoenix-core
3. Remove pheonix-api (may require that you remove other plugins as well that dependon on phoenix api)
4. restart sagetv
5. Check the JARs folder and delete any jars that start with phoenix-api.jar (ie, there maybe some jars likes, phoenix.jar.81, etc, remove them).
6. Install BMT (it will force install phoenix-core and phoenix api automatically)
7. Restart SageTV server

This should resolve the issue.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

I had to go through the steps, but that fixed the message. Thanks much!
Old 05-25-2011, 03:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucasbuck View Post
I had to go through the steps, but that fixed the message. Thanks much!
Glad it worked.