SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Gemstone for v7
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Gemstone for v7 This forum is for discussing the user-created Gemstone custom interface for SageTV.

Old 09-28-2012, 07:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Question I just restored my sageTV install (Oct, 2011).. cleanest upgrade path to Gemstone?

I restored my machine back to the brand new Windows Image I had back in Oct 2011; including my super clean SageTV install (final version), Diamond 3.30, BMT, and phoenix fanart.

I noticed that I'm prompted for updating the below plugins. I'd like to know what would be the cleanest and simplest upgrade path to Gemstone (leaving no traces of old, unnecessary plugins and respective dependencies. Im not going to use Diamond or it's subthemes anymore).

ADM - (currently installed 424 Beta) (Version .503 beta upgrade available)

Diamond for Default SageTV STV - (currently installed version 3.3 Beta) (Version 4.0173 Beta available)

Phoenix API - (currently installed version 2.3.42) (Version 2.3.50 available)

Phoenix-core Services - (currently installed version 2.3.42) (Version 2.3.50 available)

Phoenix Fanart for SageTV - (currently installed version 1.0.6) (Version 1.0.8 available)

ADM API (This will get upgraded if necessary)

***RIP SageTV***
Old 09-28-2012, 07:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Going that far back I would have Started with a clean Install of SageTV no Plugins etc.. And installed Gemstone that would Install phoenix etc... then the plugins I needed.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Yeah, starting from a clean install would probably be feasible for the average SageTV setup. I could only go back as I could without having to setup all 12 TV tuners, SageTV webserver with https, user accounts, etc...

I actually decided just now to upgrade all my plugins (in the order I remember doing it). Looks pretty straight forward now... Upgrade Diamond 3.30 to 4.01.73 (which I think is the public release of Gemstone). So, no issues.. I just posted a little too soon without thinking it through...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
Going that far back I would have Started with a clean Install of SageTV no Plugins etc.. And installed Gemstone that would Install phoenix etc... then the plugins I needed.

***RIP SageTV***