SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Github Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Github Development Discussion related to SageTV Open Source Development. Use this forum for development topics about the Open Source versions of SageTV, hosted on Github.

Old 03-20-2016, 11:12 PM
Sage User

No Signal on previously working channels after install

I installed V9 over my existing V7 install today and everything seemed to go fine, but now I'm getting a lot of "no signal" errors when trying to watch ota channels.

Happens on the server and the client I have running.

I've got three tuners that have been working for years without issue. A couple of Avermedia dual tuners and a Vixs (sp?) tuner that came with an old windows media pc.

I feel like it's something obvious I'm missing.
Old 03-21-2016, 12:42 AM
Sage Aficionado

I am having that same problem even with newer tuners - I know propagation varies from day to day but now I am losing channels that have always been strong .

Since our old antenna is so old that the rotor motor no longer works I assumed it was the wind we get being up on a hill knocking it around from time to time but not really sure.
Old 03-21-2016, 08:24 PM
Sage User

well, now it looks like the problem is that I can only tune one channel at a time even though I have five tuners.

I can watch the same one channel on the server and the client but not two different channels.

And, I can't record one and watch another. It just tells me "no signal", which is obviously not the issue.

All the channels come in one at a time.

Weird.
Old 03-22-2016, 08:40 PM
Sage Advanced User

Can you share some additional details about your install please? I'm assuming Windows v?. What kind of capture card? I'm assuming you saved a copy of your wiz.bin and sage.properties to another directory, did the install then copied them back. Is this correct? Are you using a network encoder? (ex. SageDCT, OpenDCT, PrimeNet Encoder? Did you upgrade anything else at the same time (ex Java)?

I'm more of a Linux guy, but I'm happy to try and help you troubleshoot if I can.

Have you turned on debugging?
Quote:
debug_core_events=false
debug_logging=false
debug_msgs=false
network_encoder_debug=false
Of the items above, I would suggested "debug_logging" and "debug_msgs". If you are using a network encoder "network_encoder_debug" should also probably be true.

Also note, you must shut down sage to change these (or they don't get saved / get read). So for completeness the process would be...
1) shut down sage
2) change some of the above to true
3) restart sage
4) try to tune several of the channels that used to work
5) post the sagetv_0.txt log file

Clients: PC Client x 1, HD-300 x 1, AppleTV x 2, WebClient (phone/tablet) x 3
Old 04-05-2016, 04:44 PM
Sage User

Me too

I'm having the same issue. I have two Avermedia A180 tuners. Only one works at a time now. Once I add the 2nd (either A, then B or B, then A), the last tuner I add will not pick up stations (OTA).
Old 04-05-2016, 05:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Have you guys tried reverting to v7 and does that solve it? Did you install v9 with the windows installer and if so which version?

Did you need to install anything extra like capture drivers for these under v7 or were they supported directly by v7 out of the box so to speak?

Perhaps the v9 installer is missing drivers needed for these cards? I am FAR from an expert on what any card needs for drivers but if someone knows what these cards use, then I can check if I have the files included and if they are registered properly.

Certainly a debug log from the server as suggested above is the starting point to see what is failing or missing.

k
Old 04-06-2016, 07:33 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
Have you guys tried reverting to v7 and does that solve it? Did you install v9 with the windows installer and if so which version?

Did you need to install anything extra like capture drivers for these under v7 or were they supported directly by v7 out of the box so to speak?

Perhaps the v9 installer is missing drivers needed for these cards? I am FAR from an expert on what any card needs for drivers but if someone knows what these cards use, then I can check if I have the files included and if they are registered properly.

Certainly a debug log from the server as suggested above is the starting point to see what is failing or missing.

k
Jusjoken,
My problem I think is with the reception of OTA channels. Seems like CBS that I used to get great is now crap and NBC that I had problems with last year or 2 is now receivable.

That said my problem is probably due to the antenna being blown around during the heavy winds we get here and since the antenna is so old our rotor for re-positioning it is shot and out of commission

So don't worry about my problem with reception as I would rather have the tuner problem solved first so my quad tuner and dual tuners are seen as 6 tuners in all instead of 3 if you are up to it some time.
Old 04-06-2016, 07:47 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by trallyus View Post
Jusjoken,

So don't worry about my problem with reception as I would rather have the tuner problem solved first so my quad tuner and dual tuners are seen as 6 tuners in all instead of 3 if you are up to it some time.
Are you saying that V7 saw 6 tuners and V9 does not OR are you saying that this would be a great new feature in V9 to get SageTV to see all 6 instead of 3?

If the latter...this is likely not going to be something for me to jump into (at least not any time soon). If the former then perhaps I broke something in the installer and then I will try to fix it.

k
Old 04-06-2016, 08:40 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
Are you saying that V7 saw 6 tuners and V9 does not OR are you saying that this would be a great new feature in V9 to get SageTV to see all 6 instead of 3?

If the latter...this is likely not going to be something for me to jump into (at least not any time soon). If the former then perhaps I broke something in the installer and then I will try to fix it.

k

Jusjoken,
Sorry, I meant this would be a a great new feature after you get the installer all worked out.

Version 7 only saw 3 tuners as well and like I said I think my problem is my antenna needs re-positioned but the rotor is out of commission.

I'll shut up now since I don't want to hijack the thread more but I can send you log files on the tuners no longer recording certain channels if it would help with the actual topic being discussed.

I will have to read up how to get logs and post them but I can do that to help you and the others out. By logs I meant logs of the channel no longer being received not logs to implement the other request.

Wasn't sure if I made that clear

Last edited by trallyus; 04-06-2016 at 08:44 AM.
Old 04-06-2016, 09:00 AM
Sage Aficionado

Jusjoken,
Where exactly do I send the debug files and which one do you need exactly number 0 or number 1.

Seems the channel is receivable unless I try recording with all 3 tuners at once and then it all goes to crap and drops out on me.
Old 04-10-2016, 06:38 AM
Sage Aficionado

Just a quick update that I stopped the sage tv service today and decided to install the wintv8 software for my pc and when it asked to input the info to unlock version 8 of wintv I popped in my wintv7 disk and it installed the full version of wintv8 and then I scanned for channels with wintv8 changing it from scanning channels 2 to 51 to 2 to 69 and did that with all my tuners and shut wintv8 down.

Then I restarted sagetv service and fired up sage tv and rescanned for new channels and sage tv found 7 new channels that it could not receive previously.

Not sure if this is due to the weather or some changes wintv8 made to the tuners but I thought I would throw it out there for folks to try to see if it helps them.

back to square one as 2 of the new channels failed as usual when actually trying to record them

Last edited by trallyus; 04-10-2016 at 08:41 PM. Reason: quick update